🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Changing account ownership
Page options
rezasalim89
Community Member

Changing account ownership

Hi, how are you doing today? I am Salim Reza for the last couple of years me and my brother are working as full time freelancer and I have the paid membership.

I'm switching to a new local business that's why I had a request that I want to transfer my account ownership to my brother who is more experienced than me. So if that not work than I have to close my account but I don't want that.

In the meantime I want to submit his documents and name to my account and transfer my ownership to him. It would be really great and helpful if you could help. I'll provided all the required informations as needd.

Thanks and regards,

Salim Reza.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Salim R wrote:

I'm switching to a new local business that's why I had a request that I want to transfer my account ownership to my brother who is more experienced than me.

Categorically strictly forbidden and ground for instant banning of both people involved.

No need to close your account, just set it to private and your availability to "not available" until you are ready to start again.

Your brother has to work from his own profile and can not / must not log into your account or touch it in any way.

Your brother is also better off with a new profile than one with a low JSS and poor feedback.

colettelewis
Community Member

Salim R wrote:

Hi, how are you doing today? I am Salim Reza for the last couple of years me and my brother are working as full time freelancer and I have the paid membership.

I'm switching to a new local business that's why I had a request that I want to transfer my account ownership to my brother who is more experienced than me. So if that not work than I have to close my account but I don't want that.

In the meantime I want to submit his documents and name to my account and transfer my ownership to him. It would be really great and helpful if you could help. I'll provided all the required informations as needd.

Thanks and regards,

Salim Reza.

Why not? He is my own brother and he is more experienced than me.

Hi Salim,

Please note that each Upworker must have their own unique account on Upwork. It's a serious violation of Upwork ToS to share an account with another person. 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to advise you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Salem - Why would you even want to do that? It doesn't make sense. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members