🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Didnt Pay
Page options
modernwebmedia
Community Member

Client Didnt Pay

Hi there!

I'm new to Upwork and I submitted a proposal and only in a few weeks the person replied, after that we agreed that I do some work, after that I finished my work but the person stopped replying to me..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nikita:

You can go to the job posting, click "Flag as inappropriate" and report client who posted the job.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.47.29 PM.png

There is an option to report a client who is asking for free work.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.48.20 PM.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
luce-neidert
Community Member

You mustn't do any work before you have a contract. Did you get a contract?

I didnt, ive done work before and we just agreed on the work and It always turned out fine. I know I most likely wont get my money but is there a way to report him so he doesnt to this to anyone else?

Well, I'm sorry, you have to learn to play the game by the rules. You get a contract before you start the work, that's why you are using Upwork and paying them 20% of whatever money you are making.

Im not trying to avoid the Upwork fees or rules... I just didnt know how the hourly rate contracts and all that worked.. That was my first time. Im not trying to get the money back, I want to report the guy...

Nikita:

You can go to the job posting, click "Flag as inappropriate" and report client who posted the job.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.47.29 PM.png

There is an option to report a client who is asking for free work.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 3.48.20 PM.png

how to know if the clients pay me?

Hi Maria,

You can check your earnings by going to Reports > Overview or Transaction history. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Perhaps you can take some time out and read the information in the 9 sections under the heading Popular Topics located on this link.     https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us?flash_digest=5dca22e0fe3ff287809dd82aa5ff70d8b1543ab2 

You can report this person, but IMO I don't think he did anything wrong. I think YOU were the person who did something wrong. You didn't know the procedures on this site, You didn't find out information about how hourly and/or fixed rate jobs work.  If you had read the information in the above link you would not have started working if you didn't have a contract and if escrow wasn't FULLY funded. But now you know so this shouldn't happen to you again. Sometimes we learn lessons the hard way. 

Ahh so taking advantage of people is perfectly fine in your opinion? Cant imagine how you do business... But thanks for all the help! Gotta learn one way or another 🙂 

Nikita L wrote:

Ahh so taking advantage of people is perfectly fine in your opinion? Cant imagine how you do business... But thanks for all the help! Gotta learn one way or another 🙂 

Taking advantage is never fine in anyone's opinion, rest assured. 

On a platform such as this, where you deal with complete strangers, it is very very important to adhere to all the rules to stay safe. If you do that, you will get paid for your work. 

It is simply professional behaviour. Sending work without a contract is unprofessional and hurts not only yourself but many other freelancers because clients are taught to cheat. 

Nikita L wrote:

Upwork is full of so called clients and freelancers just waiting to find someone to scam. You just have to learn the rules and be very cautious.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members