🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Unresponsive
Page options
kassymahea
Community Member

Client Unresponsive

Hello! 

I have a question.

I have done some work with a client on an hourly paid basis. I havent gotten a response back in 9 days, after leaving 3 messages throughout that time. I havent gotten any earnings to withdraw from the work I have done so far either, and am getting a little nervous. 

Please Advise.

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Have you read the information provided in the Help & Support section about how hourly contracts work and how to get paid? Did you use the desktop time tracker or did the client agree to manual hours? If the former, did you use it as prescribed? If the latter, did you log your hours properly? If you used the desktop tracker and did it properly, you will be paid automatically. If you used manual hours and the client is honest, you will be paid automatically.

Three messages in nine days is pretty aggressive, especially given that many people's lives are upside down right now due to the pandemic. Stop nagging the client, take a deep breath, and make sure you're using the platform correctly.

Hi Phyllis G, 

Yes I did read it. I used the desktop time tracker. Yes I used it as prescribed. You do not know what my messages read as -  I think it may be a bit agressive and an inappropriate response by saying " stop nagging the client ". Also yes, my life is among those that are upside down right now - I'm very aware and quite confused why you would have to bring that to my attention?

I am a first time Upwork user, I reahced out with a genuine question. Sorry If it was a question you were so displeased to answer. But I am still seeking an answer for anyone who would like to give me some kind advice without the personal jabs. 

Thank You 

- Kass 

Hi Kassy,

For Hourly Contracts, the clients are automatically invoiced and billed for the hours that freelancers log according to the weekly billing cycle. When I checked, the funds are currently pending and will be available to you on the date specified on your Transaction History. To learn more about how you can get paid for Hourly Contracts, please check this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank You Joanne !

I see funds pending for the 22nd, however the one payment meant for the 15th I have yet to see. I think I read it can take up to 8 days ?  (Just wanted to clarify that I am doing what I can on my end since I am very new to this site ).

If the contract is hourly it's your responsibility to log the time spent working. You don't need the client to answer to get paid.

Make sure to deliver what you have right now, keep the client informed on the status and let them know what you need for continuing. There may be delays but that's all you can do from your side.

Thank you Andrei 🙂 

There was something that said if a client goes unresponsive, that maybe you should close the contract. I am not sure at what point I should do that  ? It's okay to just leave it going indefinitely ? 

Thank you for the advice ! 

Give it at least a couple of months before considering to close the contract yourself. Even then, warn the client first and suggest to close the contract himself(so you can receive feedback). If two weeks go by and still no answer go ahead an close it from your side. But it will show as 'No feedback given' on your profile which is less than ideal.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members