🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client account suspended, can I get already f...
Page options
appdevexpert
Community Member

Client account suspended, can I get already funded milestone payment?

Hi,

I have worked with my client on a project we nicely finished the contract. The client again offered me another fixed-price contract. He funded half of the total amount in escrow. I have submitted the work for the first milestone 5 days ago, but he is not online and did not approve my submission yet. I have tried to reach him on Upwork messages. I did not get him, since we don't have any contact outside Upwork, I am unable to reach him. I have come to know from the community that if the client is not responding for more than 14 days, payment will automatically be released. But is this work for a client's suspended account? I have read many articles and got confused there is no clear-cut answer may be there but I am not satisfied with that answers. 

My Cases,

1. Client Offers and funded a milestone of 111$, the milestone has not any due date.

2. I have submitted the work 5 days ago, Submitted the work with the process and video tutorial shared by the google drive video link, Also attach the job files in attachments with the details message. [Client is not available in the message and has not approved the submission yet]

3. Today I am seeing that client's account is suspended. I have messages two times in this time period and unable to reach him.

I have got answers from the community,

1. If it's an hourly project and I tracked the time then I will get the payment (that's not my case)

2. If its a fixed price contract I have got two answers,

2.1 Fund will be reversed to the client's account

2.2 If the fixed price contract is followed by fixed price protection then I will get the money. 

I have checked fixed price protections guidelines too. I am not sure that my contract is followed that guideline, I think it's followed, but not sure. The funded amount is the same as the request payment, the milestone is funded, submitted the work, all is matched I am seeing but I am not sure.

My question is,

1. Can I get paid for a contract with that suspended client account, the milestone is funded, and I already submitted the work? [Though is not approved the submission yet.] 

2. If so, when did the payment will release? after 14 days as normal, though the client account is suspended? 

3. How much I will get paid? Just the funded amount?

4. Can I get paid if the client never back or fixed the issue with his account?

5. What will be the contract status, if the client is not back or the issue is not fixed from the client's account? Is the contract will be ended automatically?

6. Is this contract or job status will enlist in my public job history?

7. If the client doesn't back is this hamper my JSS? (As I know it's not, making sure for my case).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Md. M wrote:

1. Can I get paid for a contract with that suspended client account, the milestone is funded, and I already submitted the work? [Though is not approved the submission yet.] 

2. If so, when did the payment will release? after 14 days as normal, though the client account is suspended? 

5. What will be the contract status, if the client is not back or the issue is not fixed from the client's account? Is the contract will be ended automatically?

7. If the client doesn't back is this hamper my JSS? (As I know it's not, making sure for my case).

1. In most cases, you will likely get the money in escrow unless the client was fraudulent or used a stolen or hacked payment method.
  2. If you get paid, it would be 14 days after you submitted for payment.
  3. Just the funded amount, yes.
  4. See 1.
  5. No, the contract won't be closed automatically. You could close it yourself after you got paid.
  6. If you are paid, yes, it will show in your history
  7. No, it would have no effect on your JSS. Contracts with no feedback have no effect and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the calculation.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JoanneP

Hi Md.

I understand that you have some concerns about how this contract will turn out. I have escalated this to our team one of our agents will reach out to your client to assist in getting this resolved as soon as possible. I won't be able to share more information about the status of your client's account, but I can assure you that our team will assist them further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7ebca370
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I have worked on an contract with a client but the contract is in hold now, although today (Friday) it's supposed to receive my money from this client due to hourly basis. But, I didn't receive my funds, it still in "in review" section although it has been two or three weeks since I started work on the project using hourly time tracking.

Kindly advise.

appdevexpert
Community Member

I am still waiting, no response from any team. Also, I did not get any answers to my 1-7 Questions. 

Hi Md.

I'm sorry for any delays. I have followed up with the team about your concern. One of our agents will update your ticket with more information and will be assisting you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Md. M wrote:

1. In most cases, you will likely get the money in escrow unless the client was fraudulent or used a stolen or hacked payment method.
  2. If you get paid, it would be 14 days after you submitted for payment.
  3. Just the funded amount, yes.
  4. See 1.
  5. No, the contract won't be closed automatically. You could close it yourself after you got paid.
  6. If you are paid, yes, it will show in your history
  7. No, it would have no effect on your JSS. Contracts with no feedback have no effect and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the calculation.
2ef305b4
Community Member

Hello Petra!

Can you explain the last point?
No, it would have no effect on your JSS. Contracts with no feedback have no effect and contracts with suspended clients are excluded from the calculation

What does it mean by exclusion from calculation. Like it will not be calculated as my earning?

7ebca370
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I have worked on an contract with a client but the contract is in hold now, although today (Friday) it's supposed to receive my money from this client due to hourly basis. But, I didn't receive my funds, it still in "in review" section although it has been two or three weeks since I started work on the project using hourly time tracking.

Kindly advise.

Hi Abdullah,

I am sorry to hear about your contract and the delay in processing your earnings. I see that you are referring to the Hourly contract. As long as the client’s billing method can be charged successfully and they don’t dispute the hours, we will apply their payment on Fridays by 11:59 p.m., UTC for all Top Rated freelancers and agencies.

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
designatedsamin
Community Member

I worked with a client , and it was a hourly Contract @40 hrs/week , I asked him twice that do you have any budget ? pls tell me he didnt answer rather he answered all the other questions i asked later on . So i thought naturally i can take my time and finish it at my best . So after 30% work delivered , from Saturday to Monday . The bill was released by my client , he was so satisfied with my work ! Then from Monday a new billing starts to next Monday @ 40hrs/week. So i took 20 hours and complete the 70% works. He was happy . But he was offline most the times. so its getting harder for me to communicate with him . Then I told him that pls end the contract and leave a feedback i will be grateful . But he said , wait let me check , they charged me more .Let me fixed it . So he literally send a refund request and again he gone offline . I was thinking if i dont respond will the money be again all gone to the clinet's account or not ?

so i send a portion and also told him that , pls check the work diary . I had worked in your project and they didnt charge you more . They charge the time i worked . Having said these all , i send him a refund of 50$ as he was really good with me since the beginning , but i wonder what happened now . Anyways , I have doubt now that , if he again come to the coming Monday & again send me that refund request . What to do ? I heard that , if the clinet dont respond then the money that's been billed according to the hours i worked will automatically be transferred to me. But this Client is out of nowhere comes to online and send me refund request then boom offline .

if he keeps on doing this , how can i get my payment then..

NB- There is no dispute raised by my client.

If your problem is not solved, then please contact Upwork support, Upwork is very supportive, They solved my issue and I got paid. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members