🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client and task information prior to testing?
Page options
5e6a00db
Community Member

Client and task information prior to testing?

Hi,

a client that responded to my proposal to their job post has just asked me for testing in 3 milestones. It was 15 hours altogether for 6 $/hour. When I asked if 2 milestones are legal tasks, they kept avoiding to provide this information. I explained that investing 15 hours in the selection process at this rate is far more than anyone ever asked of me and that I would like to know the company name and information to at least know who I would be doing this for, they dodged the question as well. 
I would understand if for some reason they withheld company information, but not telling if the tasks are legal or not is a big red flag for me - I literally asked for one word of clarification before proceeding. That is because 6$/hour for 10 hours undisclosed legal task is crazy. 

Since UpWorm would take 10% of my earnings, I think you should instruct clients that they have to disclose this information. I'd appreciate some clarification. 

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Upwork protects clients from revealing their company/contact information, but Upwork's Terms of Service prevent clients from posting illegal jobs or asking for illegal tasks. If you are unsure of the legality of the work requested and the client doesn't provide more information, you should flag the job as inappropriate and provide your reasons. If Upwork investigates and sees the job is illegal, they will remove it.

Even if you choose not to flag as inappropriate, the milestones amounts are low, and there are too many red flags. I wouldn't bother with this client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members