🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked me to sign Employee's Form and p...
Page options
0b390047
Community Member

Client asked me to sign Employee's Form and provide passport size picture. Is it legit? Is it okay?

Client asked me to sign Employee's Form and provide passport size pictures. Is it s

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

afe to do that? Is it ok to sign the form?

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

It's a scam.

In case you are communicating with that "client" off the platform, remember this it is a serious violation of Upwork's terms of Service to do so.

759e32fa

Hi Angela,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. As Petra already explained, sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. 

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.You may want to check this thread and this help article for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

The word employee should be enough to tip you off. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members