🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client can't open my submitted file
Page options
rjfriginal
Community Member

Client can't open my submitted file

My client says she can't open and review my submitted work but i submit it twice

HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rj, 

I tried to download the files you sent and was able to "unzip" the files on Mac. I would suggest that you submit a Dropbox, or Google Drive link to your client if they are unable to unzip the file on their end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your immediate response. i would try to give the link using google drive.

can i ask why is this happening? why can't client unzip a rar file i submit? is it because of the pc to mac?

Rj:

It doesn't matter why sending files via Upwork doesn't work.

It doesn't always work. It will never work for everything.

Upwork is not a file transfer tool.

Your many options include:

FTP

email

Dropbox

USB drive

WeTransfer

Google Drive

Microsoft OneDrive

a downloadable link on your website

As a professional, you have ways to provide files to clients that are independent of Upwork. You are familiar with the file formats you provide to clients, and you are able to provide them with the help they need.

re: "can i ask why is this happening?"

Neither Upwork moderators nor any Forum participants are going to be able to know for sure how to answer a question like this. You are the one most familiar with the files you are preparing, and you practice transferring these files in different ways in order to make sure you can provide them with clients reliably.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members