🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is threatening me that he will report ...
Page options
f6f5e766
Community Member

Client is threatening me that he will report to upwork and issue a refund

Hi Upwork Community ! So I have a paused contract and the client says that he thinks that I am doing no work and charging him and requires proof of work or else he will issue a refund. I have submitted all the proof of work ( I can) after some time and after some more time he replied and we talked about the files I sent as proof of work. But after a few days, he suddenly replies me saying that he is still waiting for proof work. At that time I was very confused why he is asking for proof of work even tho I sent him and discussed with him about the proof of work. I have replied him saying I have already given the proof of work and asked him "what kind of proof of work do you want now ?" He didn't replied anything for 12 days straight and today all of a sudden he again asks me for proof of work and says "that the files won't work and the screen captures are not enough to prove it" Even tho we discussed about this more than a week ago. He told all of this all of a sudden again, acting like we didn't had any conversation about this, I replied him again saying what kind of proof of work does he want now ? But I am not getting any clear answer from him. Rather he is making excuses for getting his money back. Also he now says that if he doesn't get any proof of work he will report this to upwork tomorrow. I feel like I am being threatened. Please help me upwork community about this topic

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tauhedush S wrote:

Hi Petra ! Thank you very much for your reply ! I understood that the client can't issuse a refund but I have another question:

1) Can the client leave a bad public review ?

2) If he can and does will I be able to remove the bad public review since I am a top rated plus freelancer ?

1) Yes, he can leave a bad public review

2) If you have not used it in 3 months and 10 contracts, yes, you can use it to remove the bad feedback. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
tagrendy
Community Member

If you have top rated perk to remove feedback, close the project. Client is a headache. If it's an hourly project and you've used tracker, you'll likely be protected from refund. If it's a fixed project, still likely he won't get a refund, but it can be more of a process that will take your time and energy.

Hi Tatevik ! Thank you very much for your reply, I understood what you meant but there is a bit more questions.

My first question is:

As you said that If I have a top rated perk I will be able to remove any feedback if the client gave me.

Do you mean that if that client gives me any bad public feedback will I be able to remove it since I have a Top rated plus badge ?

My 2nd Question is:

Is it safe to close the contract by myself If I am a top rated plus freelancer ?

Will it have any bad effect on my profile ?

Yes, you can remove it by contacting support. Make sure you ask them to remove it both from JSS calculation, so that you don't lose your top rated status, and from your public profile, so his rating doesn't appear on your profile. You can read more here.

Hi Tatevik ! Thanks again for your reply, I have got my answer for the first one, but i didn't got your answer for the second question.

My 2nd question was: If I end the contract by myself will it have any negative effect towards my profile ?

Closed contracts with no client feedback have no effect on the profile. In the scenario when you close the project, and the client forgets to leave feedback for you, after 14 days he won't be able to leave feedback anymore, and that contract will never have any effect on your profile.

Once he does leave a feedback though, it would effect your JSS and top rated status next time JSS updates. So in this scenario it would be important to contact Upwork and remove the feedback as soon as you see that the client has left the feedback, and it will have no effect as well.

Thank you very much Tatevik. It helped me solve my issue completely, Thanks again !

petra_r
Community Member

Tauhedush S wrote:

So I have a paused contract and the client says that he thinks that I am doing no work and charging him and requires proof of work or else he will issue a refund.

The client can't "issue a refund". The client can, at best, file a dispute if it's within the 5 days after the work week with the tracked hours in question.

Also he now says that if he doesn't get any proof of work he will report this to upwork tomorrow.

Tell him you have provided all the proof previously and that you have nothing to worry about as you have done nothing wrong.

Don't let the client bully you!

f6f5e766
Community Member

Hi Petra ! Thank you very much for your reply ! I understood that the client can't issuse a refund but I have another question:

2) If he can and does will I be able to remove the bad public review since I am a top rated plus freelancer ?

Tauhedush S wrote:

1) Yes, he can leave a bad public review

2) If you have not used it in 3 months and 10 contracts, yes, you can use it to remove the bad feedback. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members