🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client isn’t providing feedback just insult
Page options
emmaboghossian
Community Member

Client isn’t providing feedback just insult

Help please
I finished a fixed priced project for a client and instead o let providing feedback and normal professional comments he keeps sending me aggressive abusive messages full of insult! I’ve tried to reason with him but he basically doesn’t want to provide comments or pay! I’m so upset how are we as freelancers supported by upwork? I pay the monthly fee, I did the work but I have no way to fix this, why then pay for upwork monthly fee and 20% if we have no rights? What can I do now?
10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "why then pay for upwork monthly fee?

You don't need to pay a monthly fee.

I don't.

Thanks I’ll stop paying
tlsanders
Community Member

Did you submit the milestone for approval? 

If yes, did he: 

-Make a revision request through the system

-Close the contract and request a refund, or

-Initiate a dispute? 

If no, just wait. The milestone will auto-approve in 14 days if he does nothing. Attempting to engage him is likely to be counterproductive. 

It's kind of an irrelevant side note, but I have no idea why you're paying the monthly fee. I never have. Maybe you find that a better way to get connects than buying them as you need them? 

Thanks Tiffany
I’ve submitted the work t he just send me 3-4 messages with terrible insults telling me how he hate any work I asked for feedback 3 times and got 3 nasty messages back does that mean feedback by upwork system? I don’t know!
I pay $14 a month as I assumed it’ll help boost my profile but now I’m thinking it’s just useless

Emma B wrote:
Thanks Tiffany
I’ve submitted the work t he just send me 3-4 messages with terrible insults telling me how he hate any work I asked for feedback 3 times and got 3 nasty messages back does that mean feedback by upwork system? I don’t know!
I pay $14 a month as I assumed it’ll help boost my profile but now I’m thinking it’s just useless

Just stop talking to him. If he lets the time expire without making some sort of official request (listed in my previous post), you'll get paid. Hopefully, he won't bother to come back and rate you if he's unhappy.

Thank you

Emma B wrote:
Thanks Tiffany

The paid membership does nothing to boost your profile. This is a myth. I wonder where it came from, as many people seem to believe it. 

Thanks good to know
lysis10
Community Member

Maybe the feedback is the insults. Like killing two birds with one stone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members