🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client left bad review
Page options
duop-yat
Community Member

Client left bad review

Hello everyone,

I'm feeling quite frustrated due to a recent review from one of my clients. Unfortunately, they left a negative review with just 1 star, and this is the first time I've encountered such feedback. It's disheartening, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice or support from the Upwork community would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5dfc9114
Community Member

wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm feeling quite frustrated due to a recent review from one of my clients. Unfortunately, they left a negative review with just 1 star, and this is the first time I've encountered such feedback. It's disheartening, and I'm not sure how to proceed. Any advice or support from the Upwork community would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello, 

I’m sorry to hear that you received a negative review from one of your clients. I understand how frustrating and disheartening that can be. 😞

Here are some possible ways to deal with the situation:

* Respond to the review politely and professionally. Thank the client for their feedback and apologize for any dissatisfaction they may have experienced. Explain your perspective and offer to resolve any issues or misunderstandings. Avoid being defensive or argumentative, as that may worsen the situation.
* Learn from the review and improve your skills and services. Try to identify the root cause of the client’s dissatisfaction and see what you can do to avoid or fix it in the future. Take the review as an opportunity to grow and develop as a freelancer.
* Seek positive reviews from other clients. Reach out to your past or current clients and ask them to leave a review of your work. You can also look for new projects and deliver high-quality work that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations. This will help you to balance out the negative review and boost your reputation and rating.
* Don’t let the review affect your confidence and motivation. Remember that one negative review does not define your value or potential as a freelancer. You have many other positive reviews and achievements that showcase your skills and talents. Focus on the positive aspects of your work and keep doing your best.

I hope these tips help you to cope with the negative reviews and move forward. You are not alone in this situation, and you have the support of the Upwork community.

I wish you all the best. 😊

Best regard,
Booker E

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
5dfc9114
Community Member

wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Hello, 

I’m sorry to hear that you received a negative review from one of your clients. I understand how frustrating and disheartening that can be. 😞

Here are some possible ways to deal with the situation:

* Respond to the review politely and professionally. Thank the client for their feedback and apologize for any dissatisfaction they may have experienced. Explain your perspective and offer to resolve any issues or misunderstandings. Avoid being defensive or argumentative, as that may worsen the situation.
* Learn from the review and improve your skills and services. Try to identify the root cause of the client’s dissatisfaction and see what you can do to avoid or fix it in the future. Take the review as an opportunity to grow and develop as a freelancer.
* Seek positive reviews from other clients. Reach out to your past or current clients and ask them to leave a review of your work. You can also look for new projects and deliver high-quality work that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations. This will help you to balance out the negative review and boost your reputation and rating.
* Don’t let the review affect your confidence and motivation. Remember that one negative review does not define your value or potential as a freelancer. You have many other positive reviews and achievements that showcase your skills and talents. Focus on the positive aspects of your work and keep doing your best.

I hope these tips help you to cope with the negative reviews and move forward. You are not alone in this situation, and you have the support of the Upwork community.

I wish you all the best. 😊

Best regard,
Booker E

Thank you, Booker! but one last thing, is there any way to remove the negative feedback though they might discourage any clients who come across my profile? because most of my trusted clients were job invites 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members