🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client's mistake: Do I have to bear the conse...
Page options
bushra_a
Community Member

Client's mistake: Do I have to bear the consequence?

Hi,

Today I received an offer from a client for an hourly contract.  I had submitted a proposal against her job posting on the other day. After accepting the offer I asked for the project details and after sometimes she replied she had hired someone else !!! I don't understand why she sent the offer to me if her intention was to work with someone else.  I had to end the contract and can someone tell me if it will affect my JSS or not? Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bushra A wrote:

Today I received an offer from a client for an hourly contract.  I had submitted a proposal against her job posting on the other day. After accepting the offer I asked for the project details 

Don't ever accept a contract until clarifying all details with the client first.

Bushra A wrote:

can someone tell me if it will affect my JSS or not?

Quite possibly. Wait until the next update and see if it did have an effect. If it did, use your feedback removal perk to exclude it from your JSS calculation, if you haven't used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Bushra A wrote:

Today I received an offer from a client for an hourly contract.  I had submitted a proposal against her job posting on the other day. After accepting the offer I asked for the project details 

Don't ever accept a contract until clarifying all details with the client first.

Bushra A wrote:

can someone tell me if it will affect my JSS or not?

Quite possibly. Wait until the next update and see if it did have an effect. If it did, use your feedback removal perk to exclude it from your JSS calculation, if you haven't used it in the last 3 months and 10 contracts.

bushra_a
Community Member

I have never faced an experience like this before. I will keep your advice in my mind, thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members