🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client take the work and block me and take ev...
Page options
7b415afb
Community Member

Client take the work and block me and take every payment in refund

My client start an Hourly job and we agree on the manual hours and when i add approxe 13 Hours , He pay me but now he refund almost 100$ and he is not paying me the wages even i have given him all the work in Zoom and emails, Please ban these type of buyers and I need My  money back .

i have attached my work samples

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Umair: it sounds like you are learning useful information about how Upwork works.

You now know that clients are able to dispute manually logged time, and get away without paying. Or, if a client's credit card can't be successfully charged by Upwork, you won't get money for those hours.

You will not get paid for those hours. You will not "get your money back."

(Unless this is an honest client who simply had difficulty with his credit card. If that is the case, then the client is allowed to work on setting up a viable payment method, after which he can pay you what he owes you using the client-side "Send bonus" tool. But if this client is not honest, then you will not get that money back.

Do you have any other questions for us at this time?

Had you used the desktop time-tracker application, you could have qualified for Payment Protection.

Please explain why you used manually logged time instead of the desktop time-tracker.

Client ask me to use manual hours instead of hourly . We both agreed on this and why i can't get paid if  I have worked ,This os not a proper solution or any asnwer 

Umair A wrote:

Client ask me to use manual hours instead of hourly . We both agreed on this and why i can't get paid if  I have worked ,This os not a proper solution or any asnwer 

The client may have asked you to use manual hours because he knew that he wouldn't have to pay. Did you not see a warning when you logged manual time? There isn't any solution to this if the client decides not to pay you. Do not use manual time in the future.

Umair A wrote:

It sounds like you didn't read how hourly contracts work before you get started.  A lot of people make that mistake.

On an hourly contract, Upwork has no way to force a client to pay you. The only thing Upwork can do is pay you out of its own pocket. They do that under some circumstances, but only if you follow the rules to qualify for payment protection. One of those rules is that you use the time tracker, so Upwork can tell you actually worked the hours they're being asked to pay for. 

Maybe your client knew this and tricked you into using manual time so they could get away without paying you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members