🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client that are offering 60% Commission
Page options
kerstindavid
Community Member

Client that are offering 60% Commission

Hi,

I am facing issues regarding Hiring. I have recently applied on a job, client offer me hiring on high rate & want 60% of my earning back through Payoneer. Is this any kind of Scam, Please Admin team review my concern & let me know about solutions. He is asking that they have no need of work, Just He want to show billing higtory to their compnay. Please let me know. Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is a scam. They're trying to steal your money.

And you're not allowed to exchange funds outside of Upwork. You could have your account suspended simply for talking to the client about this.

Hi Preston,

They have verified payment method on Upwork & sending offer on Upwork with hourly Basics. They are offfering higher rate, After withdrwal from Upwork. They are asking to send money from Payoneer account after withdrawal. They want 60% of earning after successfull withdrawal. 

Verified payment method doesn't mean they are legitimate, although, understandlably, many people think it does, which helps them into being fooled by scammers. Same for the job being offered through Upwork.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If someone wants to give you money and doesn't expect you to do any work for it, it's always a scam. Not only will they not pay you, the only reason they want to have a hiring history is to look legit in order to scam other freelancers. Report them ASAP.

moonraker
Community Member

Of course it's a scam. Why would anybody pay that much to a complete stranger instead of just doing it themselves or finding a reputable broker?

pgiambalvo
Community Member

Scam! Run!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanveer, 

This doesn't sound right, and I want to look into this further. I was unable to locate the job post/contract you're referring to. Do you mind sharing the Contract ID so that I can check this further? 

It would be best if you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobsthese articles and these Trust & Safety policies for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kerstindavid
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please review it & let me know. He interviewing 5 persons. You may ask same query from other freelance. Still contract is not awarded. Thanks

As others have said, this is a scam, and don't have any contact with this person again.

If I understand you correctly, you are concerned because there are people interviewed still? This doesn't mean it is legitimate, or that anyone will make any money. These are thieves. Protect yourself because no one else will.

Upwork needs to take this down immediately and directly inform the people who applied that it is a scam.

As they should do  each and every time these scams are reported/flagged.

Yes, We flag and notify Upwork about them but we can't notify people who have applied. Upwork can.

Thanks for flagging the job, Tanveer. I checked with the team and it appears they've already reviewed the job and the linked account and took appropriate action. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
kerstindavid
Community Member

Actaully this person have made many account & posts diffrent jobs. I am searching these jobs, But these jobs are not seeing more on my end. Actually this person is bacially stealing Credit card of diffrent persons & then He is signup as a client from diffrent account. He Might me taking picture of Front & back of diffrent credit cards that are related to diffrent people, then He signing up on Upwork from diffrent accounts & posting diffrent job & hirng diffrent freelancers.

He can't direct steal money from credit cards, but through Upwork platfrom he is stealing money from creit cards. On the other hand people does not know  that they have lost their money. Please Upwork noted my concerns. 

These are well-known scams. Of course they are interviewing other people, one can only hope that they recognize this and don't engage in money laundering, which can have really bad consequences. 

saini_sandeep
Community Member

Hi tanveer,

I am having same issue now, after interview he contacted me and asked for 60% as this was hourly job and upwork has protection for that I didn't think it can be fraud but yes it the sheet there is no such work with can be paid for my hourly rate +60%.

What was happened to your job that time ?

re: "I am having same issue now, after interview he contacted me and asked for 60% as this was hourly job and upwork has protection for that I didn't think it can be fraud but yes it the sheet there is no such work with can be paid for my hourly rate +60%."

But you understand NOW that this is totally fraudulent, right?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members