🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client want big amount to change his feedback
Page options
shahyeasin
Community Member

Client want big amount to change his feedback

Hi, 

He changes his projects and strategy. Then he claimed the money back. And false claimed put on the dispute.
Now he is saying, if I give back him a big amount, then he will change the feedback.

I am very tension for my JSS. Can you give me any good suggestion, please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client want big amount to change his feedback"

This falls under the category of feedback manipulation. This is an clear, explicit violation of Upwork ToS. I recommend reporting these messages to Upwork Customer Service by clicking on the "Three Dots" icon next to the messages.

It could also be considered blackmail.

This is "dirty pool" all around.

This is not a complicated concept:
a) Client hires freelancer.

b) Freelancer does work client asks

c) Client pays freelancer

This has been going on for thousands of years.

There is NOT supposed to be an extra step:
d) Client decides he wants to buy a new couch so he gives freelancer worst-possible feedback and tries to blackmail freelancer into giving him money in exchange for changing his feedback.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bilal1983
Community Member

You were not in the wrong apparently. Client went to dispute. Upwork sided with you and you won the dispute.

I say keep the hard earned money. Do not refund. Keep on working and you will eventually recover JSS.

Potential clients can see that this client was unreasonable, and that you have good feedback from other clients on your profile.

Its understandable that every now and then, you will find a bad client. Notice what you can do to avoid similar clients/situations in future.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client want big amount to change his feedback"

This falls under the category of feedback manipulation. This is an clear, explicit violation of Upwork ToS. I recommend reporting these messages to Upwork Customer Service by clicking on the "Three Dots" icon next to the messages.

It could also be considered blackmail.

This is "dirty pool" all around.

This is not a complicated concept:
a) Client hires freelancer.

b) Freelancer does work client asks

c) Client pays freelancer

This has been going on for thousands of years.

There is NOT supposed to be an extra step:
d) Client decides he wants to buy a new couch so he gives freelancer worst-possible feedback and tries to blackmail freelancer into giving him money in exchange for changing his feedback.

sofia2008
Community Member

The only feedback a client can change is the public feedback, not the private feedback, and private feedback is the one that has most impact on JSS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members