🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client wants me to plagiarise the website
Page options
60383d55
Community Member

Client wants me to plagiarise the website

Hey,

I got hired for a job and at some point, it became quite evident that what the client wants is an exact copy of the website and business model of her competition.

She's pretty unhappy with my gentle suggestions to help her figure out her own branding, business model, etc.

I'm worried that if I end the contract, she'll write me a negative review. 

I submitted a support request yesterday but haven't heard back from the upwork team yet.

Do you guys have experience dealing with similar situations?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If she won't take a gentle hint, you're going to have to put your foot down and say that you simply can't and won't do that. Tell her that it's not in her best interests to have a website that her competition will demand to have taken down as soon as they notice that she's copied them. She will have completely wasted her money and will end up with no website at all. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If she won't take a gentle hint, you're going to have to put your foot down and say that you simply can't and won't do that. Tell her that it's not in her best interests to have a website that her competition will demand to have taken down as soon as they notice that she's copied them. She will have completely wasted her money and will end up with no website at all. 

kkears
Community Member

Can you clarify what service you're providing the client for this project? Website design, website copy...?

60383d55
Community Member

Hi,

it was about setting up funnels and landing pages for her. The client decided to take the project in a different direction though 🙂

thanks a lot!

elhaj-nader
Community Member

I think you need to just tell her that you can't do such a thing then !

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members