🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants to pay weekly instead of hourly
Page options
9f607a75
Community Member

Client wants to pay weekly instead of hourly

I am in the process of being interviewed and I'm pretty sure that I am getting the contract. The contract states hourly, but while the client was interviewing me he said that I would be a certain amount weekly. Will this still stand with our contract agreement since he stated this in our messages? I'm new to Upwork and didn't know if this made a difference. Thanks for any information.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When an Upwork client hires a freelancer using an hourly contract, the client HAS THE OPTION TO PAY WEEKLY instead of hourly.

This is available.

For example, the client can automatically pay $500 per week, and set maximum number of hours that can be billed separately to zero. This way, the client pays weekly and not hourly.

If the client has said that is what he wants to do, and you agree to it, but the client is not doing this, then the client is either

a) unaware of this option

[or]

b) a schemer who is trying to trick you

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kmdouglas
Community Member

If your client has the job set for hourly, you'll have to log your hours to be paid for them. If he wants a certain amount, you would just log that many hours to make it that amount, and then Upwork will automatically send him a weekly invoice. If he set it up by milestone, he sets the amount and the due date. This situation would be much easier with your contract set up through milestones. Hope this helps!

Thanks! How do milestones work?

When an Upwork client hires a freelancer using an hourly contract, the client HAS THE OPTION TO PAY WEEKLY instead of hourly.

This is available.

For example, the client can automatically pay $500 per week, and set maximum number of hours that can be billed separately to zero. This way, the client pays weekly and not hourly.

If the client has said that is what he wants to do, and you agree to it, but the client is not doing this, then the client is either

a) unaware of this option

[or]

b) a schemer who is trying to trick you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members