🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients are not responding to my proposal
Page options
f27c1235
Community Member

Clients are not responding to my proposal

I have facing this problem for the past 1 month. My connects are depleting, i don't know why but clients are not responding to my bids even though I boosted them at the top. Usually, I had a ratio of 30% response rate. 

I did everything from making customized proposals 

Boosted my bid etc.

I don't know but clients are not even seeing my proposals, Has Upwork done that?

Is it possible that you ended at the top of the bid and the client still not interested in watching your proposals?

Meanwhile, Upwork made my profile private and asked me to earn something to make it visible again. 

How cruel is that? clients are not even seeing my proposals, You made my profile private, how I supposed to earn?

1 REPLY 1
a8d1dc31
Community Member

Hello Faheem,

my recommendation is that you invest in a Freelancer plus membership. One of the advantage is that your profile never gets invisible or inactive automatically, but only, if you set it to invisible.

I hold a Freelancer plus membership, but also faced the situation that proposals aren't viewed. I've overhauled my profile several times and writing proposals took siginifcant time. I have two tips for you.

1. I strongly recommend the Academy learning path "Building a business on UpWork". You will learn that a short and crisp proposal has significant higher chances to get viewed.
  2. Be sure to precisely define your customer avatar in terms of profile keywords and the ideal customer you want to work with. The above mentioned academy learning path offers very valuable tips for this.
  3. Think of UpWork as an online marketing platform - it's nothing else. Meaning that all best practices for online marketing are true at UpWork, too. Especially the "product stairs": consultations, repeatable projects and finally hourly or fixed-priced projects.
  4. I've made good experiences with boosting the profile, NOT the proposal. But you have to find it out for yourself. But remember: Especially, if your are new to UpWork (like I am), you have to invest to get the jobs. Meaning that the monthly amount of connects will NEVER be enough to get visibility, jobs, earnings and finally a high JSS.

Hope this helps!

Good luck,
Henning

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members