🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients ask for fixed-price contract, but pro...
Page options
02b27b35
Community Member

Clients ask for fixed-price contract, but proposal form displays Hourly Rate

Hi folks.

I found a job offer that requires specifically Fixed Price but was anounced as Hourly Rate: **Edited for Community Guidelines**
I flagged it as Inappropriate and wrote the reason. There is anything else to do in this case?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Upwork ignoring this cheaters like others. I think connects must be refunded after client forced you to fixed with houry declared. Reported mamy times but always was ignored.

Clients, of course, cannot "force" you to accept a contract.

Yep, but this tricky slug can fish out money for connects\boosts and waste your time.

Lie in job post is a rules violation?

- Who will do it for 2-3 hours? I will pay $200\hr.

- I will. 

- Interview... Your knowledges, your exp.. questions, questions, questions, questions, questions, questions...

- Hey, hour wasted. Start contract and let's do it.

- Ok. Can you do it for $5 fixed price? It is easy job, i will give $5 for that, not more.

I think that "client" must be banned for this. But upwork took my money and ignore.

Hi Tiffany.
Yes, clients can't force freelancers to accept a contract, but they should post job offer correctly to avoid misunderstands.

tlsanders
Community Member

A job offer, or a posting?

It's pretty common for clients to post a job as hourly and ask for a fixed price quote. I think it is because Upwork forces clients to post a budget for fixed price jobs, and many don't know what the appropriate cost of the project is.

Hi Tiffany.
Is a job offer.

My point is: if client doesn't know the appropriate cost of the project, should post an hourly rate job offer, not't require a fixed-price, because is senseless and they are two completelly different job offer types. Otherwise, if client knows the average cost of the project, post a fixed-price job offer, with defined budget and wait to see responses. This is the way Upwork works.

How does that solve the problem? If I don't know whether a great freelancer with the skill I need will cost $25/hour or $175/hour, how does using that format help? Already I've seen others complaining the clients shouldn't be allowed to list big hourly ranges. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members