🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Clients that don't read proposals
Page options
ladeva
Community Member

Clients that don't read proposals

Is there some sort of consequences Upwork makes clients face for posting a job and refusing to read them for daysss? People spend connects bidding for some of these jobs and you have to pay money to get connects. It's really unfair if I  have to spend extra connects to bid for a job but the client doesn't even read the proposals at all.

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Upwork like it. More connects wasted - more money received. 🙂

celgins
Community Member

There are several reasons why clients might not read the proposals they receive. Upwork does not attempt to know or understand all of the reasons, so they administer no consequences on clients. If Upwork compelled clients to read all proposals or even one proposal, most clients would probably never post a job.

In business, we often have to spend money to make money. Many times, there is no return.

28425c32
Community Member

No there are no consequences. But of the 50 or so jobs I've sent proposals for in the last 2 weeks, one has been viewed. So many people post jobs and then let them die on the vine, Upwork is rapidly declining as a potential place to find work and I'm thinking of cancelling it entirely

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members