🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Communication outside Upwork after a contract...
Page options
rygaa
Community Member

Communication outside Upwork after a contract ends

I have two questions:

1. Can I communicate with my client outside of Upwork as soon as the contract begins?
  2. I previously worked for a client and upon completing the job, I realized that I had made a mistake. I contacted him through the messaging app where we had been communicating and offered to redo the work for free as it was my fault. He did not respond, so I also contacted him through Upwork. He eventually responded and we agreed on a refund. However, I became busy and did not follow through with either fixing the problem or issuing the refund. I contacted him again through Upwork to offer the refund.

I want to know if contacting the client outside of Upwork after the contract ended violated Upwork's policies, and if so, what the consequences would be.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Once you have a contract in place with a client, you can communicate any way you wish from that point forward. Having a current contract is not important for future communications.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Once you have a contract in place with a client, you can communicate any way you wish from that point forward. Having a current contract is not important for future communications.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members