🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Confusion with real or fake client hired me d...
Page options
mdbutnayem
Community Member

Confusion with real or fake client hired me direct

I received a direct job offer 1 hr ago without having submitted an application. I am feeling hesitant about whether this client is genuine or fraudulent. While checking the client's profile on Upwork, I noticed that they became a member on Mar 22, 2023, and have already hired 10 freelancers without no spending. Can you help me to clarify my confusion?

3 REPLIES 3
yofazza
Community Member

It is understandable to feel hesitant about a direct job offer that comes out of the blue, especially if you are unsure about the client's legitimacy. Here are a few steps you can take to verify the client's authenticity:

1. Check the client's profile: As you have already done, review the client's profile to see if it appears legitimate. Look for information such as a company name, website, and verified payment method.

2. Ask for more information: Request additional details about the job offer, such as the nature of the work, the timeline, and the payment terms. Be cautious if the client seems evasive or unwilling to provide this information.
  3. Trust your instincts: If something doesn't feel right about the job offer or the client, it may be best to decline the opportunity. Remember that your safety and security are important.

Overall, it's important to take the necessary steps to protect yourself and verify the legitimacy of the job offer and client before accepting any work.

1. "Check the client's profile: As you have already done, review the client's profile to see if it appears legitimate. Look for information such as a company name, website, and verified payment method."

----------

Scammers often use the names of real companies...

I pasted ChatGPT text to give MD N a dose of his own medicine ✌️

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members