🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects not returned if you withdraw proposa...
Page options
cb0736f5
Community Member

Connects not returned if you withdraw proposal

I just wanted to bring this issue to the attention of other users regarding withdrawing a proposal.

I recently submitted a proposal  and applied a high number of Connects to help win the job.

Immediately after submitting, I decided to withdraw the proposal, mainly based on reflecting on the high number of Connects required for this submission.

I wrongly presumed that the Connects would be, rightfully in my opinion, returned after withdrawing, but this was not the case.

I looked into this and found the below:

'Your Connects are not returned if the client chooses another freelancer, lets the job expire without hiring, or if you withdraw your proposal from a project.'

I wish Upwork would have made this clear at the point of withdrawing, but as a result I've now lost 29 valuable Connects. A hard lesson learned, but also think Upwork could have been a bit more clearer in communicating this at point of withdrawal.

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi John,

I understand you want a prompt advising you that the Connects used will not be refunded when you click on the option to withdraw the proposal. I'll share this with the team for review. We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and share your feedback and rest assured our team is working on constantly improving your overall user experience using Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks AJ,

Yes totally understand and its all about continual improvement. I think this is certainly an issue that could easily be tweaked and will look forward to seeing this implemented soon, thus saving your users money.

leecurle
Community Member

As cheap as connects are, just buy them as you need them.  There is not quantity discount so set aside some with each job and then you will eventually have 1000 connects to use all willy nilly like and apply to anything you want.

They are not cheap for some works, specially when there are people (or bots) spending connects like crazy, it is throwing money away most of the time. And sometimes we don't even get our proposal viewed.

I guess we are different income earners here.  15 cents for a connect, I will buy 300 at a time when I need them.  Then again, it costs me 8-16 for each proposal.  Cost of doing business.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members