🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
a77045c6
Community Member

Connects

Hi everyone, 

I'm curious if anyone could let me know why some tasks required only 1 connect, but many tasks required 6 connects.

Thank you,

Apinia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

878 REPLIES 878
1554dd7c
Community Member

Very difficult to get jobs on upwork.now we need more connect to send proposal on upwork.As a social media marketing manager I am struggle to get job on upwork.

1fbccaeb
Community Member

How to buy Upwork connect

Hi Dure,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To purchase additional Connects please follow the steps below.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Memberships & Connects
  3. Click Add More Connects

Once you’ve selected the bundle you wish to purchase, click Add Connects and your account will automatically be charged. You can find more information in this help article

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi,

need your assistance regarding a connect refund issue.

I applied for a job on November 1, 2023, and Upwork refunded my boosted connects on November 8, 2023, due to a boost outbid, as per my connects history.

However, the refunded connects do not affect or add to the total amount of connects in my history

Hi Mahmudur,

I can see that your balance accurately reflects the number of Connects that were refunded. Before the refund, your Connects balance was 8, and it increased to 58 after the refund.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
333089bc
Community Member

Hi, I got notified of my January connects, which I haven't used yet, and now can't access it. I wanted to apply for a project earlier and it said I'm out of connect. What's happening? 

Hi Oluwatoyin,

I checked your account and can see that the Connects were credited to your account on the 3rd of January. However, you have the Availability Badge activated so it was consuming your Connects balance.

Please keep in mind that the Availability Badge is best used when you have ongoing projects. The purpose of this badge is to let clients know that you're available to work. When freelancers who have ongoing projects have this badge, the clients will know that they can still take on another project and not skip their profile with the assumption that they don't have the bandwidth to take on new projects.

Since you do not have any ongoing projects, your availability is already given so the Availability Badge may not be beneficial for you. It is best if you use them to submit proposals moving forward. 

~ AJ
Upwork
7ebbf30f
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I created a new account and have not received my 50 free connects yet
Please check my accountIt has been more than 48 hours and I have not received a connects.

And I don't have a payment method to add.

Hi Ahmed,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4fc2ea0e
Community Member

As a beginner on Upwork, I was given 50 connects. While exploring my profile and other tabs, I noticed an offer from Upwork to acquire an additional 50 connects by linking a "payment method" or similar. However, at that time, I didn't have any payment method to add. Now that I do, I want to link it, but I'm unable to find that offer. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could assist me with this.

cb27f17d
Community Member

Hi All.

Please help.

What exactly does "send of N connects" mean?

Please advise.

I see this every time I send a proposal.

Does a "connect" cost me anything upfront? When the proposal is paid? Other?

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

Mark,

When you submit to a job post, there are Connections needed which cost $.15 each. Most job posts have a minimum number of connections that tend to range from 2 to 6. Have a great day!

Hello William:

Its a limitation in this plateform, only 10 connects for every month which can only used to appy 2 or 3 jobs. If a person did not get his/her first job then its make disturbance. Can you tell any other way like academic, community etc to earn connects ?

Regards

Mark, I advise that you go through the Upwork Academy courses. Connects are tokens that are required for submitting a proposal (unless you were invited by the Client to submit the proposal) and for Boosting your proposal into one of the three advertised slots at the top of the Client's proposal feed. Connects cost $0.15 each, at time of writing. You get 10 free Connects per month. If you purchase the Freelancer Plus membership, $10.50 of that goes to 70 additional Connects.

Your reply is helpfull. Can you reply on my post.

Thanks.

Community Member

Hi! Can you please tell me if the connects are returned if the work was deleted from the upwork?

Yes, you can get your connects back if a job is canceled by the client or removed by Upwork for a violation of Terms of Service. However, if you withdraw your proposal or the client hires someone else, you won’t get your connects back.

Hello!

Yes, on Upwork, if you submit a proposal (using Connects) for a job and that job is later removed or deleted by the client or by Upwork itself, the Connects you used to apply for that job are typically returned to your account. This helps ensure that your Connects are not wasted on jobs that are no longer available or relevant.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

b1c0396b
Community Member

I want free connects.. what i will do to get it

Hi Sharafiya,

Thank you for your message. You get 10 free Connects every month at the start of your billing cycle.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Free connects are given every month

I need also free connects. How can I get it?

Hi Khokon,

Thanks for your question. As part of your Freelancer Basic membership, you receive 10 free Connects monthly. Each time your membership billing cycle renews, the Connects are automatically credited. You can see this by going to your Connects History

~ Luiggi
Upwork
16e8d3b2
Community Member

I recently applied to a new job posting and mistakenly deleted the proposal I sent will I recieve the connects I used to apply?

yofazza
Community Member

Nope.

16e8d3b2
Community Member

Oh okay

bff67e82
Community Member

Hello,

Am new to Upwork. Apart from buying connects, what other ways can one utilize to get more connects?

Hi Judith,

Apart from buying Connects, you get 10 free Connects every month from your Freelancer Basic subscription. In addition, you'll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge as well as a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello,
I am new to Upwork. Apart from buying connect, tell me any other way to get
more connect. Sir, my account in this email was deleted by mistake, I want
to get my account back.

thanks

Hello Safin,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the account you need assistance with?

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello, Getting clients to trust my ability as a beginner, that's not easy.
Kindly advice! Regards!
662cd13f
Community Member

Hi

Can you explain how connect works if we withdraw proposal after some days.

Are you again adding those connect count to main balance or how it works.

Connects are not returned when you withdraw a proposal. Here is the help articles on how Connects work.

Understanding and Using Connects – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Here is another link to better learn how things work. Look at the top article and all the links.

Solved: To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

Why not returned back connects ?

If client is not viewing proposals after many weeks passed and no one is hired  so I would call all these clients as fake posting jobs and no intentions to hire anyone. Upwork should be penalizing clients not freelancers.  

fbd54129
Community Member

Hi I am exclusive member to an agency on upwork and want to add connects through the credit balance on account.

Can I do that or have to add connects only through debit or credit card 

Hi Nisha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you can definitely use the balance on your account as your billing method to buy Connects.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank yo for your response, But I am not able to do so, can you please guide me through?

7b9ff102
Community Member

Hello Sir, 

I am fresh freelancer at upwork and yet get any job despite bidding on 7 project. I want to expand myself by bidding on more. But more connects are required which on 14 $. please issue me these connects being new user of this market place.

Hi Nazim, you can purchace additonal connects by following this method - 

Go to Settings >> Select Memberships & Connects >> Click Add More Connects
Each connect will cost you $0.15.

Optionally you can sign up for the Freelancer Plus plan ( https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancer-Plus/tkb-p/FreelancerPlus ) which gives you 80 connects a month plus alot of perks. If you sign up by March 31st you will get 6 new perks. This costs $14.99 per month. 

hippietrinity
Community Member

I've been a freelancer on UpWork for over 5 years now. I've acquired over 100 connects, I think the last time I checked it was at 120. Now it says I have 6 connects, this is impossible. I haven't used them but they aren't showing up on my account. Why did this happen & where did they go? S.O.S. 

Sincerely,

A talented writer who used to love UpWork

Trinity

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members