Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 33

Vijayvithal J wrote:

Is it guaranteed that the connect will be returned if a job is closes without any hire? Does it happen automatically or should I raise a ticket? I have lost around 50 connects in the past few months on (closed) jobs where the client never hired anyone...

You don't get the connects back if the job post times out through 30 day inactivity, only if the client proactively closes it without hiring anyone, and no, you do not need to contact Support, its automatic and contacting support over stuff like that is a monumental waste of support's and your time.

bebacf25
BINH L Member Since: Feb 8, 2020
22 of 33

That is bad.

I bid for several projects and 20% of them show "Connects will be returned if you are not hired". But what if the employer hired another person and does not update the job post?

Or does not hire anyone and do not close the project, and it also does not violate to TOS.

And then, we lost many connects for it.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
23 of 33

Binh L wrote:

That is bad.

I bid for several projects and 20% of them show "Connects will be returned if you are not hired".

Nope. It does not say "If YOU are not hired"

On those jobs, connects are returned if the client doesn't hire anyone. Not if the client does not hire you in particular.

And Chat support is only available to top rated and RT freelancers.

msevangeline24
Evangeline M Member Since: Nov 26, 2019
24 of 33

Hi Tiffany,

I hope you can help me, I submitted a proposal beginning of April that says the connects will be returned if not hired. The job was closed and I did not get hired but the connects were not yet returned.

Could you please check my account.

Thank you in advance,

Evangeline

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
25 of 33

Hi Evangeline, 

I would like to clarify that Connects will only be returned if the client closed the job, and there were not freelancers hired for the project, or the job was closed for a TOS violation. You can check the job post to see if the job was closed, and a freelancer was hired for the client's job. If this is the case, the Connects you used for this job will not be returned to your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
i_taratorkin
Ilia T Member Since: Mar 21, 2019
26 of 33

it happens only when either Upwork kills the job for violating TOS or the client closes the job without hiring anyone
Can't count how many times I had a message "job that you submitted a proposal for has been closed, your proposal has been archived" without refunding any connects. 

6 connects is not a big deal, it's only 90 cents. But when it happens constantly it can become 90 dollars. I have never seen such jobs were re-set up, I have been refunded with connects only once, when the job posting was violating some upwork rules. 

So tell me please, what the logic behind the "archiving proposal"? Why if a client doesn't hire anyone for some period of time Upwork doesn't just close the job and refund freelancers with connects? 

richard_wein
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
27 of 33

Ilia T wrote:

it happens only when either Upwork kills the job for violating TOS or the client closes the job without hiring anyone
Can't count how many times I had a message "job that you submitted a proposal for has been closed, your proposal has been archived" without refunding any connects. 

I believe that message is sent when a job post expires,  and not just when the client chooses to close it. (I unsubscribed from those messages a long time ago,  so can't be sure that hasn't changed.) You don't get connects refunded when a job post expires. 

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
28 of 33

Hi Ilia,

Thank you for reaching out. Submitting a proposal has a financial cost, just like the other expenses you incur as a freelancer running your own business. If a client never hires but doesn’t close the job, your Connects are not returned. In this situation, we continue to encourage the client to hire or close the job, but ask that you consider the cost of Connects as part of your business expenses.

~ Nikola

Untitled
bizwriterjohn
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
29 of 33

Only chat bots are available.  Incorrect.   There is a live chat facility available 24-hours-per-day.   The usual wait time is <1 minute.  Upwork's chat support team is the finest I have experienced across any chat facilities I have ever experienced.  Go back into the system, look more closely, and you will find the live chat function.

Whose responsibility was it, your proposal was deleted in two hours?  Is that Upwork's responsibility?  Or is the responsibility of the person who has built their profile, the person who has built their portfolio, and the person who wrote the proposal.

You lost a business deal.  I recommend you look inward, not outward, when evaluating outcomes of proposals. 

Add together the total billable amounts of the four of the most common respondents in this system: the figure totals more than a million dollars in revenue billed.  They have it figured out.  Perhaps you are next.

esther_villavice
Esther V Member Since: Nov 29, 2018
30 of 33

I don't know much about upwork, but I don't want to purchase connects cause I don't have money and it's been a long time already. I haven't received any replies from any clients, then upwork bots even said that connects from withdrawn proposals cannot be recovered, is there anyway I can get my connects back? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS