🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contests on Upwork - Attention Plz ..
Page options
dazzleart
Community Member

Contests on Upwork - Attention Plz ..

The link of this job Post .. 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Some people post these kind of jobs on Upwork. Why any one want to play a contest on upwork for just a little budget #upwork should restrict these kind of posts and accounts because its hardwork before getting a job ..

Keep an eye on these kind of posts or ban the keyword "contest"  or like design before getting hired .. 

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

When you see posts like this, you need to flag it for asking for free work. 

elisa_b
Community Member

I would spend a few connects just to apply and tell the client where they can actually put those 6 euros.

62 EUROs, Rs. 5000 is 62 Euros, not 6! 

There are a lot of new freelancers who'd happily do it for 62 EUROS! Yes, the contest part may be wrong but the budget is OK for the 2-page website! 

This particular one could be 23.44 Euros if it is Pakistani Rupee 🙂

It'd still be acceptable for many freelancers for the scope of work.

This is not about the money this is about contest .. why would I bid for Contest.. why would I waste my time on working without knowing even if I get the work or not .. Its not a contest website .. 

I know this is not about money Wasim, and I was making a side note and replying to Ashraf's reply to Elisa's comment about how she feels about the client and his job post.

And I agree that posts like these should be removed. Upwork has not yet applied any stringent filtering on scam/spam job posts, job posts which break the ToS rules, jobs that ask applicants to take part in contests and so on. So freelancers have to protect themselves.

Such questionable job posts are removed only when someone flags them as Martina has advised above.

Of course, you should'nt apply to these jobs, ignore the job or flag it , save your connects and move on to another job post.

I've heard of a different freelancing platform where they have genuine contests and the winner is awarded the contract. Seems like someone is trying to do that here, only it's not allowed on this platform.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members