🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Ending Confusion
Page options
07b7b9b0
Community Member

Contract Ending Confusion

Hi, I got hired by an Enterprise Client and she activated the first and only milestone of the project. I delivered the files after completion. The contract was ending on the 17th. She has been online but not responding to my messages. Now it has been two days since that. My question is if I end the contract since the job has been completed successfully, will I get the amount that's in the funded milestone? (She hasn't yet released the milestone payment to me)

If not, what can I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huraira,

If you have submitted your work on your milestone, I would recommend to wait for the funds to be transferred to you first before closing the contract. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Huraira,

If you have submitted your work on your milestone, I would recommend to wait for the funds to be transferred to you first before closing the contract. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Huraira A wrote:

My question is if I end the contract since the job has been completed successfully, will I get the amount that's in the funded milestone?

No, you will not.

Huraira A wrote:

If not, what can I do?

You wait patiently.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members