🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Paused by Upwork
Page options
1af90e15
Community Member

Contract Paused by Upwork

Hello! 
I just started work with my client on hourly contract, we had regular conversation about our project and we really had progress but on saturday I got a mail that our contract was paused by upwork and client said it was his old cards issue and he would solve it on that day but he didnt, my salary's first part is on pending right now 109$ and other part is on review progress 38$ so what should I do? itsnt my problem only, I also know 2 people who worked with this client and they said same thing, they are also surprised. I trusted this client because his payment was verified and he totally spent about 60k on upwork. 

Is there any chances that I lost my money? Client isnt responding on my messages, please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petrameb
Community Member

Hello Tsotne!

First of all, cards registered with Upwork becoming invalid over time is a common problem as people often forget to register their new cards once the old one has ran out of date. I had the same email message you've received several times, the last time two weeks ago. It's usually sorted within 3-4 (work) days and your contract will be up and running again (I received the message on a Friday and the contract was reinstated on a Wednesday).

As for the money you've earned before Upwork paused the contract, if you've worked with the time tracker, you're covered by the Upwork guarantee and you still will get paid - but don't do anything more until you received the email from Upwork telling you that your contract is activated again.

I hope this helps and puts your mind a little bit at rest.

Petra

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petrameb
Community Member

Hello Tsotne!

First of all, cards registered with Upwork becoming invalid over time is a common problem as people often forget to register their new cards once the old one has ran out of date. I had the same email message you've received several times, the last time two weeks ago. It's usually sorted within 3-4 (work) days and your contract will be up and running again (I received the message on a Friday and the contract was reinstated on a Wednesday).

As for the money you've earned before Upwork paused the contract, if you've worked with the time tracker, you're covered by the Upwork guarantee and you still will get paid - but don't do anything more until you received the email from Upwork telling you that your contract is activated again.

I hope this helps and puts your mind a little bit at rest.

Petra

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members