🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract lost in Upwork's system
Page options
denisecc
Community Member

Contract lost in Upwork's system

Hello. I have completed three Upwork jobs all for the same client - **Edited for Community Guidelines** My problem is article number 2. It does not show up in my contracts list or anywhere else. The client says he can see it on his end and he released payment to me. However, I do not see evidence of my work anywhere on Upwork and no payment is being made. How do I solve this problem? I see no other like it anywhere and the automated contract help assistant is worthless in this instance. Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Denise,

I checked your account and your client account and can confirm that you only have 2 contracts. 1 was already paid and closed and the second one I can see that you have submitted your work for review. 
Both contracts have only 1 milestone as well. Your client can set up a second milestone on the open contract or hire you on a new one. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What do you mean you checked the client's account?   Can you tell if  he issued payment for the middle job?  He says he did.

Goran, I know you see only two jobs.  That is my complaint!  I can see only two jobs too and I have actually done 3 jobs.  Your answer is not an answer at all to my problem.  Ive done THREE jobs, not TWO.  You can get all the kudos in the world for your non-answer, but that doesn't make it an answer.  I've attached a screen clip of the missing job.  Thank you.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Denise,

I understand your frustration with this and that you have completed 3 jobs/tasks.
I would suggest talking with your client so that your client can hire you on a new contract for the missing job, or they can add a second milestone to the contract that is still opened. 

Please keep in mind that in order to be protected under our Fixed Price Protection, you will need to be hired on an official contract and the agreed budget to be fully funded. 

Our fixed price protection does not cover unfunded milestones or promised funds. If something is still confusing let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran V wrote:

I checked your account and your client account and can confirm that you only have 2 contracts. 1 was already paid and closed and the second one I can see that you have submitted your work for review.

That sounds odd. I can see 2 contracts with money paid on her profile, so 2 contracts must have had money released. Contracts with nothing paid (released) do not show on freelancer profiles

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Petra,

I`m sorry about the confusion. Last time I checked her contracts one of them was waiting for actions from the client. The client has approved her work and now is showing on her profile. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Denise Chitatma C wrote:

Hello. I have completed three Upwork jobs all for the same client - **Edited for Community Guidelines** My problem is article number 2. It does not show up in my contracts list or anywhere else. The client says he can see it on his end and he released payment to me. However, I do not see evidence of my work anywhere on Upwork and no payment is being made. How do I solve this problem? I see no other like it anywhere and the automated contract help assistant is worthless in this instance. Thank you.

You may be mixing up contracts and milestones.

You can find all your Contracts here (make sure the box "include closed contracts" is ticked.

All your current financials are here

Take a look if you can see the "missing" money somewhere.

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

Edited - unsolicited advice removed

denisecc
Community Member

I have done all these things. Neither the 2nd job nor its payment are
anywhere.  How can I submit payment for work that doesn't appear on Upwork?  But I do like the chart.

petra_r
Community Member

Denise Chitatma C wrote:

I have done all these things. Neither the 2nd job nor its payment are
anywhere.  How can I submit payment for work that doesn't appear on Upwork?

It sounds like you weren't hired on the middle contract?  Maybe the client sent an offer you forgot to accept? Or the client sent it to someone else? (He hires a lot)

Denise Chitatma C wrote:

I But I do like the chart.

Thanks, it saves a lot of time in most cases.

I would strongly suggest you do any further work for that client as milestones, not contracts, as a row of low value 800 word contracts devalue your profile and makes you look cheap. It will harm your ability to win serious clients. If you do milestones on one contract nobody can guess what you charged for 800 words...

denisecc
Community Member

I chose this low pay profile for two reasons. One, I wasn't getting better
paying jobs and two, I was a sitting duck for scammers and one almost got
me. I'm sticking with this low pay gig for now because I am writing about
various topics, not just HVAC. We're onto other subjects now. I write
extremely well and my work speaks for itself. I'm earning 5 stars as well.

These are the kind of samples I needed in my repertoire. I am still
bidding on better jobs. I'll get them eventually.

Thank you for the advice.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members