🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Curiosities seen on jobs pages
Page options
sourceprouk
Community Member

Curiosities seen on jobs pages

Saw this job advert for Designers. It must be great to study design for 4+ years, and work for several years, to gain experience and become a freelancer only to be the recipient of a tip from this job poster. 🙄

sourceprouk_1-1699638271249.png

4 REPLIES 4
lauramorris2000
Community Member

I see this a lot too, it can be frustrating.

Another particularly annoying one:
Write "I am human" at the top of your proposal to make sure you read my description.

Any person, with a minimum of intelligence, can easily work out if the bidder read the description or not. 

d46a33d8
Community Member

hy,fedrico.I an jhon 

Job pages often have interesting and sometimes quirky elements that reflect the culture of the company or industry. Here are some curious things you might come across:

1. **Unusual Job Titles:**
- Companies sometimes get creative with job titles. Instead of a traditional "Marketing Manager," you might find a "Chief Storytelling Officer" or a "Digital Ninja."

2. **Easter Eggs in Job Descriptions:**
- Some companies embed hidden messages or jokes in their job descriptions to see if candidates are paying attention. It could be a subtle reference to a movie, book, or pop culture.

3. **Unique Application Requirements:**
- Occasionally, employers may request unconventional application materials. For example, they might ask you to submit a cover letter in the form of a haiku or create an infographic resume.

4. **Innovative Perks:**
- Companies may use their job pages to highlight unique perks. This could include anything from on-site yoga classes and pet-friendly offices to free snacks, game rooms, or even a slide instead of stairs.

5. **Video Interviews with Current Employees:**
- Some companies include videos of current employees talking about their experiences on the job page. This provides a more personal and authentic glimpse into the company culture.

6. **Challenges or Puzzles:**
- Certain tech companies or startups may include coding challenges or brain teasers in their job listings to test the problem-solving skills of applicants.

7. **Employee Testimonials:**
- Instead of just listing job responsibilities, some companies share testimonials from current employees, giving potential candidates insights into the work environment and team dynamics.

8. **Company Values in Action:**
- Some companies showcase how their values are integrated into everyday work. This could be through employee stories, community service initiatives, or sustainability efforts.

9. **Virtual Office Tours:**
- With the rise of remote work, some companies offer virtual office tours to give candidates a sense of their physical workspaces even if they're not required to be on-site.

10. **Social Media Integration:**
- Companies might integrate their social media feeds directly into their job pages, showcasing the latest updates, events, and behind-the-scenes glimpses of company life.

These elements are designed not only to attract qualified candidates but also to communicate the company's personality, values, and unique aspects of its work culture. It's an opportunity for employers to stand out and make a memorable impression on potential hires.

Hy,

Hmmmm. I  would rather get a concise and straight job description than a promise of more work and bananas if I do the job cheaply but expertly.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members