🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Desktop App Not Launching
Page options
a52b65b3
Community Member

Desktop App Not Launching

My Upwork desktop app/time tracker has refused to launch since last week. Before the past week, I had the same issue and I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. When the issue occurred again last week, I did the same up to 3 times, yet no improvement. I have cleared all cache and installed a new one, still it has refused to launch. Please I need this to be fixed as it is affecting my work.

I have a HP laptop with Windows 10, 64bits.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilsim
Community Member

Juliet Uduma A wrote:

Please I'd like to open a ticket with respect to this issue. I've lost some money because of this issue and it doesn't seem to be going away. How do I create a ticket? Any link?

Go here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Then start scrolling down, and in the bottom-right corner, click the "Get Support" green button and follow the prompts.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
bilsim
Community Member

Try giving it a bit more time to load, after starting your system. Do not run other programs until it runs.

Also check your disk to free some space, as this may also slow down your computer. Run a disk cleanup.

a52b65b3
Community Member

I have done all you stated above. Moreover, my PC storage is 1TB and I have over 500GB available. What else can I do?

european74
Community Member

Same here. Destop app cannot count working time. I cannot add "description" in the desktop app.

I've restarted my computer but the problem still exist.
"ON" green button doesnt work.

My operating system : Win 10 64 bit with all upgrades installed for the system.

a52b65b3
Community Member

Please I'd like to open a ticket with respect to this issue. I've lost some money because of this issue and it doesn't seem to be going away. How do I create a ticket? Any link?

bilsim
Community Member

Juliet Uduma A wrote:

Go here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Then start scrolling down, and in the bottom-right corner, click the "Get Support" green button and follow the prompts.

a52b65b3
Community Member

Done that. It only takes me to chat with a chatbot. I can't find anywhere to create a ticket.

a52b65b3
Community Member

Thank you, Biljana, for your help.

seonancy
Community Member

The desktop app for windows is slow as compared to other windows app. It takes time to start and load messages slowly as compared to the website.

Try to check if there are any app conflicts.

Thank you, Nancy. I have been able to create a ticket. I hope I get a more specific and lasting solution soon.

nrohman
Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issue of Desktop App Not Launching right now and I've tried all of the proposed and available solutions in the community forum and in the troubleshooting menu yet still no result. Please kindly help, I have an urgent matter at hand.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nur, 

Could you please double-check if there are older versions of the app on your machine? If the answer is no, could you please share your app's version and your OS so we can share this with the team? 

~ Avery
Upwork
b9de524f
Community Member

Hello Avery, 

I am facing similar challenges. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, but the issue is recurrent. 

Windows 10 64-bit with all updates installed. 
Kindly look into this, please

Hi Oluwaseun,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team. One of the members will be assisting you via a support ticket. Kindly expect an update on this page once your case has been fully reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
b19f5dfe
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Please I'm having same issue with my Upwork desktop app too. It has refused to launch, I've tried several troubleshooting options. I need help from support.

Hi Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Please expect an update from the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
73f5ba51
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Could I be helped with a similar issue. My OS is Windows, Windows 11. All updates are installed!

It has been over three weeks now just unistalling the App and reinstalling it but no solution.

Thanks,

Fares

Hi Fares,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I'm experiencing the same issue of the Desktop App Not Launching now. Please kindly help me fix this issue. I've tried all the solutions given above but nothing has worked. 

My OS is Windows 10, 64-bit.

Thanks,
Sang.

Hi Sang,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
3ef19a27
Community Member

Hello Arjay, please I am having the same issue with my desktop app. It has refused to launch since yesterday. Can you assist me? 

Thank you.

Hi Chisom,

Thank you for your message. Could you please uninstall the Desktop App and try reinstalling it again? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep, I have done that and I still get the same error occurred. Thank you 

Hi Chisom,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
nealkennen
Community Member

My app is not opening it keeps on loading. I already try to uninstall and reinstall it but still the issue persist. 

Hi Nealkennen,

I am sorry to hear about the challenges while loading the Upwork Desktop App. Do you see the Upwork logo in your system tray? You try the troubleshooting steps listed here and let us know if this helps. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It does not help I already try that steps

Hi Nealkennen,

~ AJ
Upwork
starokozhko
Community Member

I have the same problem. The application does not start. Stuck in loading state.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it doesn't help.

starokozhko_0-1706199160514.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths