🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Did not received Connects, how should I d...
Page options
Charvet T Community Member

Did not receive Connects after interview

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Charvet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Charvet,

Thank you for your message. Please note that we are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

388 REPLIES 388
Jeanne H Community Member

In very specific cases that Upwork can't divulge because half of the freelancers would cheat, connects are returned, but not routinely or most of the time. Times change. Too many freelancers were cheating, and it had to be stopped.

Too many connects for too many people have driven the quality into the ground in several areas.

Connects are a part of your investment. If you don't want to invest, your only option is employment.

Oleksandr S Community Member

And those connects where no one was hired and no one was called in for an interview at all? Is that an investment, too? Or do you not fight against unscrupulous customers?

It is an investment, whether you receive the job or not. Freelancing means you are self-employed, and responsible for all costs. You can freelance on your own, without a jobs platform, and you still have costs. In freelancing, you pay for everything, including when you fail to be hired.

Just because they don't hire you, or anyone, does not make the client unscrupulous. Some are, some aren't.

Oleksandr S Community Member

What I resent is this. It says in the rules that I will be rewarded with connects if I am called for an interview, but it didn't happen!

I suggest you read it again. It does not guarantee a return. There are requirements. It's crucial to read and understand the rules.

ABHISHEK K Community Member

Hello team,

Good morning!

Hope you are doing good.

I have concern regarding client sent proposal but what if I decline offer or that offer expire after given date.

Will I get back my deduct conect back or not in such scenerious?

Awaiting your valuable reply on this.

Thank you.

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for your message. You are not charged Connects if the client invites you for an interview or sends an offer directly to you without you applying to their job. That said, you do not get Connects for these invitations or offers from the client. 

- Pradeep

ABHISHEK K Community Member

But as I could check at the time when I got invitation from client.

I got this message see in attach screenshot that "Your Boosted Profile received a billable click" and 8 connects got deduct.

So if decline this offer because client not responding so those 8 connects I should get back.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Abhishek,

The Connects charged to you for boosting your profile are not tied to specific jobs you apply to. You can refer to my previous post for more information about how boosting your profile works. 

~ Luiggi
Alan A Community Member

Noted! Thank you for your email.
Alan Malatamban Alcuizar
Sarmad A Community Member

I have an inquiry about my connect balance. If I apply to a task that requires 10 connects and I am not chosen, will the 10 connects be returned to my account?

Efigenia M Community Member

Hello Sarmad, there is no refund for the connects. As far as I understand. 

Sarmad A Community Member

Thank you so much for your response, it is correct.

Zayyar M Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I have responded to an interview about 48 hours ago but yet didn't get 10 connects.
I still haven't had  any connects. What should I do?

Thank you for your help, 
Zayyar Minhtet

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Zay,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

Please visit this Product Update for more information. 

- Pradeep

Zayyar M Community Member

You’ll receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours when you create an Upwork profile for the first time

Details about connects are here

Maksym K Community Member

In short, I am very angry at this update and support.
You do nothing, you just figure out how to make money from a poor freelancer.
I'm tired of waiting for my connections to be returned for a fraudulent job. It's not my fault that you don't want to return the spent connections

Ruqqaya M Community Member

I need my connects back from two jobs . One is closed no one was hire for that job 

and second one is the buyer has replied me then why am not refunded yet??

Jaiyeoba O Community Member

I submitted 2 proposal and the client messaged me up but i wans't given free 10 connects each

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Jaiyeoba,

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Usama A Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I have been interviewed for 2 jobs but received connects for one only.

Nawabzada Tanzeel u Community Member

what does that mean ?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Nawabzada,

Those are Connects that were awarded to you for interviewing with an established client on Upwork. Just for clarity, we no longer award free Connects for every interview won or disclose the number of Connects rewarded in these cases You can check out this Product Update for more information. 

~ Luiggi
Nawabzada Tanzeel u Community Member

thanks for response 

Sanjida A Community Member

Hello,
My name is Sanjida Afrin a new member of the upwork family. According to upwork rules, if any new members are intrevied by clients ,he/she wins a number of connect. Recently, I interviewed a valuable clients but I did not get any reward connect from Upwork.
As I am new at Upwork, I have limited connects and can't apply for any job.

Best Regards,
Sanjida Afrin

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members