🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Different timezones
Page options
7f7628b3
Community Member

Different timezones

Hello, I have landed a client that requires me to work 8 to 10 hours weekly. How can I manage to work in different time zones? I have never worked in a US time zone. Please advise. Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, it's all about the specific contract per client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rekasesh
Community Member

If you don't have to be online at the same time as your client except for messages and zoom calls, time zones shouldn't be a problem.

If the client insists that you be online for a part of the specific time zone, remember that you can still be online during their morning hours. Their 9 a.m. roughly corresponds to our 6.30 p.m. So, you can be online between 6.30 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. if needed. 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Fatima,

I had clients in 30 different countries last year. It was never an issue working in different times zones.

sullivanliz
Community Member

As a writer, it's very unlikely that clients will need you to work according to their timezone. Unless the client says otherwise, it's usual in writing that when you work is up to you, as long as you meet your deadlines. Of course, if part of the job is being available at specific times, then you'll need to be available (or not take the job).

7f7628b3
Community Member

I see, so I can work at my pace as long as I meet their deadlines and requirements as a content writer. Thank you all

Yes, it's all about the specific contract per client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members