🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct proposal to upwork client
Page options
m_ali_abbas
Community Member

Direct proposal to upwork client

Hi Community,
I have just joined upwork. I have worked with a client and delivered the work. He is already working on upwork. He offered to pay cost through any transfer which is suitable for me. I want to work on upwork and have lost my job recently. I want to take payment through upwork contract. Sceniors please guide or advice me to deal the issue.
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:
Hi Community,
I have just joined upwork. I have worked with a client and delivered the work. He is already working on upwork. He offered to pay cost through any transfer which is suitable for me. I want to work on upwork and have lost my job recently. I want to take payment through upwork contract. Sceniors please guide or advice me to deal the issue.
Thanks

If you have not been hired, you have worked for free. Never work without a contract. 

Client is agree to pay with any way that is easy for me. I want to take it through upwork.

Client is agree to pay with any way that is easy for me. I want to take it through upwork.

Why?

Just getting payment through Upwork in order to manipulate your metrics and profile is forbidden. 

You were not hired through Upwork and didn't get the contract through Upwork and the work is already done.

That would make it feedback manipulation and not allowed.

Because I am jobless and want to establish my profile. That is the only reason.

Muhammad A wrote:
Because I am jobless and want to establish my profile. That is the only reason.

Then what you are planning to do would be against the rules, and now you have announced it to Upwork, one that would be easily and quickly found out.

Tell the client to hire you through Upwork next time.

Thanks

I have source files with all the work that I have done. It took 6 days to complete.

What should I do now?
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:
Hi Community,
I have just joined upwork. I have worked with a client and delivered the work. He is already working on upwork. He offered to pay cost through any transfer which is suitable for me. I want to work on upwork and have lost my job recently. I want to take payment through upwork contract.

So you know the client from outside Upwork and want to get paid in Upwork?

You can get the client to hire you in Upwork and pay you, but you want to be careful it does not look like you are going through Upwork purely to built a profile... (fake hiring) as that would cut your Upwork career very short.

I have work that I have deliverd to him. He hired me through a refference. Now I am jobless and want to established my profile. Client is working on upwork already.

People who try to "buy" reviews to establish their "profile" on upwork, always get permanent suspension. Just saying 🙂

It is not a $50 $100 or $200 project. It is above.

Even if it is a trillion dollars job, a rule is a rule.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members