🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » You cannot add manual time for the time perio...
Page options
seanbarc
Community Member

You cannot add manual time for the time period you've specified

I'm trying to add manual time for yesterday (Saturday 9/26) from 5:00 PM to 5:40 PM and I'm getting the following error message:  You cannot add manual time for the time period you've specified.

I have verified that the client has permitted manual time entry.  Please advise!

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Sean B wrote:

I'm trying to add manual time for yesterday (Saturday 9/26) from 5:00 PM to 5:40 PM and I'm getting the following error message:  You cannot add manual time for the time period you've specified.

I have verified that the client has permitted manual time entry.  Please advise!

Was time already tracked or added for another contract?

Did the contract start earlier than the starting point of the time you want to add? (If a contract started at 8am, you can't log time from 5 am to 8 am for example)

Did you check the timezone?

You do know there is no security or protection for manual time, right?

seanbarc
Community Member

Hmm it looks like the contract started after I was trying to track.  I'm not sure what triggers the start date/time, but that's what it looks like is the issue.

Thanks for the help!

petra_r
Community Member

Sean B wrote:

I'm not sure what triggers the start date/time, but that's what it looks like is the issue.

the start time is when you accepted the contract.

Clearly you can't have worked on a contract before it started? 

seanbarc
Community Member

The weird thing is that in my chat, it shows that I accepted at 2:06, but the job shows being started as 6:06.  It was the timezone setting like you mentioned previously.

Sean B wrote:

The weird thing is that in my chat, it shows that I accepted at 2:06, but the job shows being started as 6:06.  It was the timezone setting like you mentioned previously.

Your chat is showing your local time which is UTC-4

Upwork follows UTC .

Hence 4 hours time difference.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members