🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Do you get more jobs when you're top rated?
Page options
52bf3193
Community Member

Do you get more jobs when you're top rated?

Hello fellow professionals. I hope you're having a good day!

So I've been in Upwork for 93 days now. So far it's going well for me. But I'm hoping to get more out of this and grow my business more over the time. I'm guessing I'll be eligible for a top rated badge hopefully within 4 weeks. 

But I would like to know from you all about your experiences like how things worked out for you here. How being top rated might have helped you to get more jobs. How was the change like? Was it sustainable? 

What should I expect over time? 

I'm an undergrad student. But I'm considering to leave study and focus on Upwork fully. Looks like the systematic education is not my forte. But I've got skills and I'm passionate about learning more about things that interest me. 

The response I got so far in Upwork is good. But can I expect great and beyond if I work diligently and get the top rated badge?

Would like you to share your experience! 

Thanks for your time!

3 REPLIES 3
yitwail
Community Member

Anika, congratulations first of all on a great start at Upwork. As to having a top rated badge, it's certainly nice but in most Upwork categories, top rated freelancers are common, and as far as I know, clients cannot filter search results to only include top rated freelancers, so I don't think you should have expectations that you will experience a major improvement in winning jobs. 

Very true!

52bf3193
Community Member

Hi John. Thanks for your honest observation. Let's see how things turn out. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members