🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Earnings
Page options
albertcosta
Community Member

Earnings

Hi! I got a client to whom I worked with, my total earning was supposed to be $120 but I received $8 only. Please clarify why does this happen and how long I can recover my money Regards

6 REPLIES 6
sm_taha
Community Member

Hi Ahmed, thats may be because clients have an option of paying a different amount. it is a possibility that you were scamed.

Please check for my account if you see any error.
wescowley
Community Member

From the screenshot you attached, this was an hourly job and the job history on your profile says you have been paid $96 and change so far for it. The total earnings on your profile shows $100+, so you have some extra earnings that aren't showing on your job history yet. It's possible last week's earnings aren't showing on job history yet, and this week's definitely won't be.

Go look at the reports page. Any earnings from this week will show on the In Progress tab. Anything from last week will show on the In Review Tab. Anything that you've already been paid for or that's ready to be paid out to you will be on the Available tab, which includes recent transactions. 

I'm betting that across those tabs you'll find the full amount you're expecting.

This is what i see. But when i click get paid, it shows 8 dollars.
Is it a glitch?

Ahmed M wrote:
This is what i see. But when i click get paid, it shows 8 dollars.
Is it a glitch?

There's no screenshot attached.

JoanneP

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and it looks like the funds are still pending. When working on hourly contracts, the hours you logged are automatically invoiced to your client and funds become available following the Weekly Billing Cycle. Here's the schedule: 

• Week 1 – Freelancer logs time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
  • Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Please check this help article to learn more about how to get paid with an hourly contract. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members