🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ecuador payment Upwork
Page options
nanakastudio
Community Member

Ecuador payment Upwork

Hello, I am a freelancer from Argentina in Upwork. I wanted to know if the new option to send to a bank account is available in Ecuador, since it is likely that we will go to Ecuador for a while and I want to continue working with Upwork. Could someone help me with this query? thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
2162fea7
Community Member

This is a great question. Does Upwork work with any banks in Ecuador?
LuiggiR

Hi Maria Veronica, 

As of right now, Ecuador doesn't have this payment option available. Feel free to check here for a full list of the countries that have it. If ever this becomes available, we'll make sure to share it with the Community. Alternatively, you can use one of the other available payment options

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2162fea7
Community Member

What payment options work in Ecuador? 

d8a01736
Community Member

Hello. You can use payonner, later you can connect with your Ecuador Account bank. I think is a high cost, because the transfer cost around $35. I hope this help you.

What is the most trusted method to receive payments in Ecuador? Paypal or payonner? Which of the 2 methods apply more taxes in Ecuador? Because we have to think that freelance projects depending of the area are small payments that are less than the cost of taxes in certain countries.

Payoneer is the most trusted. Paypal sometimes has some problems. It's better to use crypto to change the money and the commissions are lower.

Hello Issac C:

I've been talking with some people in Ecuador, and they told me about the Wise, before wire transfer, you can obtain a US account bank. You can connect with Upwork and get the money. I used to use Binance to get cripto and buy it, at final you can get the money in Ecuador account bank.

Related to this, I am curious if someone who is living in the US but who is from Ecuador is able to work on upwork, but get paid in Ecuador. They are living in the US on a J-1 visa and technically can't get hired to do other US jobs other than what their DS-2019 form says, but they can receive money from Ecuador that was made through online work. This is why I was curious about Upwork as an option for them while they are in the US. Any thoughts on this?

Hey! Do you know the rates in Wise and how long it takes to get to the bank?

nanakastudio
Community Member

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members