🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Edited Translation Project
Page options
001efc5c
Community Member

Edited Translation Project

They want me to pay a refundable insurance fee ($50) and they sent me a file with all the details, there it says the company's name is**Edited for Community Guidelines*. I've never heard of it but when I googled I saw that it is pretty well-known. Do you think it is legit?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Irem,

Please keep in mind that you don't need to pay anything in order to be able to earn on Upwork. I would also like to clarify that offering or accepting payments outside of Upwork is a serious violation of our TOS. 
Our team will review the client further and will take proper actions immediately. Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
wescowley
Community Member

Irem, it's a scam. 

Please read this post for things to look out for: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044#M158742

Thank you for your response, I will definitely take into consideration the things you wrote in the post.

4f668ffc
Community Member

Is there a way to differintiate those scam from the real customers.?

petra_r
Community Member

Noha N wrote:

Is there a way to differintiate those scam from the real customers.?

Basically, if you don't violate Upwork's terms of service by communicating with prospects outside the platform or giving them your contact info, you avoid almost all of the scams. As a pleasant bonus side-effect, you also avoid losing your Upwork account for breaking the rules 😉

sajedur75
Community Member

plz my project 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members