🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited**
Page options
peace-tbj
Community Member

**Edited**

Heelo everyone,

has anyone received the attached doc before, about online typing jobs?

Is it genuine or a scam?

I've aske the sender/client several times, if he is gonna require some kind of payment from me,after submitting his work and he said No.

He seems to be someone not in**Edited for Community Guidelines** , but the docs he is sending have the**Edited for Community Guidelines** logo.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
606084be
Community Member

Looks like a scam, when the deal is soo sweet, think twice.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
606084be
Community Member

Looks like a scam, when the deal is soo sweet, think twice.

sofia2008
Community Member

Accepting payments outside Upwork is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service and can get your account suspended. Please review them at the bottom of this page, and take a look at this article post and all the links to learn how things work before accepting offers/sending proposals and to save your Connects for when you understand.

Solved: To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

I already blocked that person.

Thanks Sophie

zain_seo
Community Member

Firstly, if the job opportunity seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be cautious of job offers that promise a high income for minimal work or require no skills or experience.

Secondly, look for reviews and feedback from others who have worked with the client or company before. You can search for reviews online or on social media platforms.

Thirdly, always be wary of requests for payment or personal information, especially if they are required upfront or seem unnecessary.

Lastly, if you are still unsure about the legitimacy of the opportunity, you can contact the company or client directly and ask for more information or clarification.

In the case of the Telus logo on the documents, it is possible that the client is a partner or affiliate of Telus, but it is always best to verify the legitimacy of the opportunity before proceeding.

I understand, Thanks a lot Zain

RE: Firstly, if the job opportunity seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be cautious of job offers that promise a high income for minimal work or require no skills or experience.

True

Secondly, look for reviews and feedback from others who have worked with the client or company before. You can search for reviews online or on social media platforms.

Scammers use legitimate company names, so this is not a real proof.

Thirdly, always be wary of requests for payment or personal information, especially if they are required upfront or seem unnecessary.

Providing personal info is not allowed and unnecessary and payment outside Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Service

Lastly, if you are still unsure about the legitimacy of the opportunity, you can contact the company or client directly and ask for more information or clarification.

Communicating outside Upwork before a contract is in place on Upwork is also a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Since scammers often use legitimate company names, this is a waste of time.

New freelancers are especially targeted by scammers because many new freelancers do not take the time to learn how the platform work and rely on others.

No one can protect you but you.

Please read the following post where many ressources were gathered. Read the main article at the top and follow all links.

Solved: To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

7008f70f
Community Member

Hi, I recently rejoined Upwork after a long break,so I saw this job of **Edited for Community Guidelines** whatsoever ,there it said that I have to rewrite a 75 pages long story. I simple did it and submitted later they tell me to tell my account number so they can send me the payment I did (note:they told me to contact on telegram and deleted the job post from Upwork)anyways when I send them they sent me email saying that the payment is pending because I have to link my account to their portal furthermore it mentioned that if u have to link your account so send $80 to the linking process.weird isn't it .

ill post ss down below 😕

guys be careful!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

IMG_3131.jpeg

so did they really pay in the end or not? same is happening with me the guy who tells he is from telus international he mailed me to contact him on telegram for furthur details gave me task of writing 75 pages i'm currently working on it

Stop working and report this client immediately. You're being scammed and will not get paid - this person is only going to try to steal your money (if you sent them money already, then you won't get it back). You've also broken several important Upwork rules and if you keep doing that, your account will be banned. Click on the "Academy" link at the top of this page and don't send any more proposals until you understand how to use Upwork properly.

d96d0068
Community Member

is the story called Love and friendship ?

Yes it is fake or real the telegram account of **Edited for Community Guidelines** has send me the same procedure...

Still he is telling me that i have to submit 80$ to submit and receive my payment I'm soo confused..

Story name Love and Friendship

Telegram account **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Payment Director**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Tabinda,

As others have shared on this thread, communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. This is a common tactic scammers use to take advantage of freelancers. 

Additionally, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please flag them as inappropriate so the team can investigate them further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork, and visit this blog post from our Community member Wes for common red flags for scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

i'm writing it currently pls tell does thay really pay? i'm new here and just got this 75 page story writing task after an hour of joining

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members