🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Electricity issue is causing a hurdle between...
Page options
django_expert
Community Member

Electricity issue is causing a hurdle between freelancing on Upwork. what to do now?

I am facing severe electricity issues in my area for the last few days and I am working with multiple clients. now the issue is that one of my clients has said to me that I need to fix the electricity issues otherwise we can't work together( I am not worried about this, I am worried bout the relationship).

So I was thinking to ask my client if we can pause the work or end the contract without paying me because I respect their time and money. so what do you guys suggest to me on this issue?

I also wanted to ask about the effect it will take on my profile. can anyone guide me?

7 REPLIES 7
django_expert
Community Member

I need urgent help.

759e32fa

Hi Abubakar,

I suggest that you come clean with your client/s. Provide them with this option and see how they go from there. Please note as well that contracts without earnings would not be displayed on your profile.

I  hope this helps!

~ AJ
Upwork

actually, my issue seems to be constant. so if they end the contract will it affect my profile privately and my jss as well?

Hi Abubakar,

Just set proper expectations with your clients. If they require urgent delivery of the project, it might be best if you let them know right away about your situation.

~ AJ
Upwork

as I have constant load shedding, so it means should I ask them to end the contract? because they need the work done on urgent bases.

hiram-kamau
Community Member

Well, Abubakar - your profile is going to take a hit if you don't work as much and if you don't deliver the results your clients expect of you.

And to be honest, your clients do not really care much about your local setup or the challenges you're experiencing. They only want you to deliver on their projects and to provide value for money.

yeah, you are right Hiram. any suggestions from your side? actually, I am thinking to end the contract on mutual understandings

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members