🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Ending a contract
Page options
e7dbc3bb
Community Member

Ending a contract

I was hired to do a job, which I found during the first assignment that it's too time-consuming and very low pay. On top of that, the client's system keeps rejecting my submissions. It's an editing job, but the machine decides whether it's ok or not. It took me hours and hours of doing and re-doing the text, but their system doesn't accept my submission.  The original is a mess.  I want to end the contract, refund the money in escrow, but I don't want to damage my score.  How can I do this? 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Patricia:
A freelancer is allowed to end a contract AT ANY TIME.

For ANY reason.

You do not need to explain your reasons or ask for permission.

All you need to do is navigate to the contract listing, click on the "Three Dots" icon, and select the option to "End Contract" or "Cancel Contract" or "Close Contract."

When you do this, the system will AUTOMATICALLY refund the escrow money back to the client.

The client will receive the money in their account automatically within 5 business days.

If you receive no money from the contract, then it will be impossible for the job, including any feedback, to apear on your public profile page.

The client is still allowed to leave private feedback. But remember that feedback from clients is weighted based on the dollar value of the contract.

So if you need to end this contract, just end it.

Is it possible for the contract to have SOME impact on your JSS? Theoretically it is possible if the client leaves negative feedback. But the client is getting all escrow money back, so this costs them nothing. Anyway, don't worry about that. If ending the contract is the right thing for you to do, then go ahead and end the contract.

Thank you very much for your reply!! I feel better now! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members