🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: English proficiency verification
Page options
yourneighborsam
Community Member

English proficiency verification

Hello everyone!

I know that this question was brought up before, but since most of the Google results were a bit outdated, I wanted to receive a more relevant answer.

I'd like to know how exactly can I get verified badge for the English level. If I understand correctly, clients have or had some sort of option to rate English proficiency of freelancer and if freelancer would get multiple positive feedbacks about it, he could receive the English: Fluent - Verified badge on his profile.

Is that an option today? Or is the only way to get such badge is to provide a certificate for English proficiency from tests like TOEFL, IELTS and etc.?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Samat B wrote:

Hello Petra and thank you for the comment. Are clients allowed to leave that feedback about English proficiency only after ending the contract?

Yes, but honestly, I very much doubt it matters, and you need a reasonable number of client ratings anyway.

The blue tick doesn't seem to get noticed by clients, I doubt they know what it means, and unless you are a writer or similar, it really dosn't matter.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Samat B wrote:

If I understand correctly, clients have or had some sort of option to rate English proficiency of freelancer and if freelancer would get multiple positive feedbacks about it, he could receive the English: Fluent - Verified badge on his profile.

Is that an option today?

Yes!

Hello Petra and thank you for the comment. Are clients allowed to leave that feedback about English proficiency only after ending the contract?

I'm having a long-term contract with one particular client so if the answer is yes, I guess I'll have to choose the second option and provide a certificate from the English test.

Samat B wrote:

Yes, but honestly, I very much doubt it matters, and you need a reasonable number of client ratings anyway.

The blue tick doesn't seem to get noticed by clients, I doubt they know what it means, and unless you are a writer or similar, it really dosn't matter.

Well, you are probably true about the clients not seeing it 😄

Thank you for your help.

yourneighborsam
Community Member

Bump

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members