🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Enterprise Talent Services - Unprofessional I...
Page options
cristib76
Community Member

Enterprise Talent Services - Unprofessional Interviewer

I was contacted by an interviewer (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) for an interview on Friday, Oct 27, 2023 at 7pm.

The guy was very unprofessional, he sent me his calendar to select the date and time for the interview, I did select the date and time (Nov 1, 1:30pm was the first date available on his calendar).

After 10 min he emailed me back if we can do it ''today Oct 27th'', and wanted to do it within an hour.

He sent me the interview request in Google Meet for 8:30pm. At 8:20pm he emailed me ''can you connect now please'', 10 minutes earlier than we were supposed to have the interview.

We started the interview, which was a disaster. It was very very hard to understand his accent (Indian).

He did not even know who I am, he asked what is the email address that I used to apply for the job.

He did not ask the elementary interview questions (introduce yourself, what is your experience and background).

He asked me ONLY technical questions.
My mistake was that I agreed to have the interview on the same day he sent the first email. Usually when a company sends an interview request, you have at least 1-2 days to prepare, but this guy (**Edited for Community Guidelines**), was very unprofessional and in a hurry.
After 2 days (Sunday afternoon) he emailed me that it was a pleasure meeting me to discuss my experience and my background (which is wrong, we did not talk about that).

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If you didn't want to do an interview at the suggested time, you should have said so and offered alternate times. It's not a reportable offense for someone to have an accent, to be in a hurry, or for them to ask about your technical knowledge. (Being asked about your background and experience is more like an interview for a full-time job, not for a freelancing gig.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members