🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » FED UP with the credits scheme for applying f...
Page options
stevic57
Community Member

FED UP with the credits scheme for applying for jobs

I don't often need to apply for new clients as I've had long term ones lately. Now here comes the but - I recently started to apply again for new projects, and all my credits were gone in about 5 applications, none of which have had the decency to reply back.

I have 100% Top Rated Plus feedback. 

Is this merely a scheme for getting more money from me?

TOTALY FED UP FREELANCER

6 REPLIES 6
a0ff3278
Community Member

Hi there,

I completely understand your frustration! It's disheartening to see all those credits disappear without any response. I've been facing the same issue lately. It makes me question if this credit system is just a way to get more money from us. I mean, I have a 100% Top Rated Plus feedback, and it's discouraging not to see any results from my recent applications. Have you experienced this too?

Thanks,
Shazia

the-right-writer
Community Member

Clients rarely send notes to freelancer they reject.

You are not selected to pay for connects. All freelancers are in the same position.

When Upwork removed all limits from the platform and categories, and eliminated all tests for the platforms and skills, they allowed any warm body to be a freelancer. At that stage, the connects became the revenue, along with firing 15% of their staff. Because so many people with no relevant skills will obediently follow Upwork and throw numerous connects to be on the top of the pile, without the skills, the connects became very lucrative. Upwork is not going to let go of 20? million (we don't have an exact figure) freelancers desperately throwing many millions of connects.

spectralua
Community Member

No, this is not a scheme. The scheme involves a complex combination where you are taken through several stages.

This is a simple deception based on past reputation. For example, you knew the reputation in the store where you gave money and took the goods. Now the store just takes money because they no longer have the goods. You pay and leave. 🙂

Most don't pay and leave. They keep bidding in the vain hope of bagging that illusionary job that exist only on the job search screen.

Yep. But i can understood them. There used to be real work here. Even with little skill you could earn a little money. This is why newbies come, they still find outdated reviews on the Internet. Also many youtubers promiced easy money here. Have no idea about that youtubers goals, is it paid lie or hype for likes.

I periodically review the profiles of my colleagues to adjust prices or optimize profile. And I discovered that many profiles were abandoned an half a year ago, professionals left the platform.

riolifemarketing
Community Member

Yes I feel this way too. A few years ago this site was a good place to get work and I have not gotten any good work on here in a long time. You have to spend money to make money or apply to a lot of jobs and buy a lot of connects. I have been focusing on other freelancer platforms. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members