🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback Dilemma
Page options
bilal1983
Community Member

Feedback Dilemma

My client recently ended a contract without any notice or message. The project was supposed to keep going till we generated some sales. I do not know if the client was able to generate his target sales for that project or he just did not want my services any more.

He was quite unresponsive through the one week of work and the 4-5 days of communication I had with him prior to starting the contract. It would take him 1-2 days to respond to messages.

He liked my work and earlier had said he was really interested in working with me.

My dilemma is this, I do not know why he terminated the contract, and I was not able to see his feedback until I gave my feedback.

I thought about it and honestly gave feedback on what had happened, expecting the worst, that he might have left a negative feedback, and this was just my 4th contract. I was afraid that he would damage my chances of getting further contracts. So, I preemptively tried to be very precise in giving my feedback.

However, upon completing my feedback, that he had given me 5 stars, and written 'Did exactly as asked, pleasure to work with. Took a real care for the project.'

Now I feel a little guilty. Did I do the right thing?

Is there another more private feedback that the client can give to me, which is visible to potential clients and not me? I read on another post that there are two types of feedback that a client can give to the freelancer.

Any insight on this would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Bilal,

Thank you for your message. Yes, there is public as well as private feedback left on the contract. You can view and read the public feedback only. The private feedback is not visible on your profile and it is used to calculate your Job Success Score (JSS). Job Success scores more accurately represent a freelancer’s reputation by taking additional details indicating client satisfaction into consideration. This includes private and public feedback, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that do not result in work delivered. The goal is to capture a breadth of information not necessarily reflected in your star rating or profile. You can learn more about JSS here. JSS is calculated and displayed on your profile after you have enough work history. More than 90% of freelancers have a score after completing 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing eight projects. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members