🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Finding Work
Page options
annesia_j
Community Member

Finding Work

Hello, I currently have one client (grateful), but I would like another because I working less than 10 hours a week. I am very happy with this client but the only reason I have this client is that they invited me to an interview. 

I haven't been successful in getting clients' attention by submitting proposals. I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly or the improvements I need to make to my profile or CL so I am chosen. 

I like this platform a lot but I have submitted over 20 proposals with no luck in getting another client. 

Any feedback, tips, and tricks I am open to. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Because your skills and price point put you at a higher level than just answering the phone and setting appointments, I think you need to focus on those higher-level skills when you target jobs and make your pitch. Emphasize that you can handle more in-depth customer inquiries, etc. Instead of just listing the apps you can use, maybe discuss in your profile how you use those apps (briefly). Can you help a non-native CEO clean-up their emails? Can you review a customer service script for them? Can you help test a chatbot? 

You might consider focusing on B2B clients and/or brands t that are expanding their e-commerce offerings. Those are the two verticals that I see thriving in the current economic climate. For startups, you must offer expertise; for established brands, highlight competence and reliability. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tlbp
Community Member

Because your skills and price point put you at a higher level than just answering the phone and setting appointments, I think you need to focus on those higher-level skills when you target jobs and make your pitch. Emphasize that you can handle more in-depth customer inquiries, etc. Instead of just listing the apps you can use, maybe discuss in your profile how you use those apps (briefly). Can you help a non-native CEO clean-up their emails? Can you review a customer service script for them? Can you help test a chatbot? 

You might consider focusing on B2B clients and/or brands t that are expanding their e-commerce offerings. Those are the two verticals that I see thriving in the current economic climate. For startups, you must offer expertise; for established brands, highlight competence and reliability. 

annesia_j
Community Member

Thank you so much Tonya! This helps me out a lot.

Can you help a non-native CEO clean-up their emails? Can you review a customer service script for them? Can you help test a chatbot?

My answer is yes to all the above. Back to the drawing board on my profile.

I am truly happy that you responded.

Hi
Community Member

Hi , don't worry.  Have patience and try again and again. Along with that try to learn some communication with clients skills from online.  Finally you will get a project 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members