🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » First job
Page options
princeotieno
Community Member

First job

It's close to two years now and I haven't been interviewed or hired for any work.
I've spent alot on connects already.
Is there something wrong with my profile? I'm I doing something wrong ?
I was hoping Upwork could help with some of my life's expenses but it seems like it's not much reliable.
Kindly offer some honest advice before I give up.
2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Prince,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
tlbp
Community Member

Prince O wrote:
It's close to two years now and I haven't been interviewed or hired for any work.
I've spent alot on connects already.
Is there something wrong with my profile? I'm I doing something wrong ?
I was hoping Upwork could help with some of my life's expenses but it seems like it's not much reliable.
Kindly offer some honest advice before I give up.

Your profile does not distinguish you from thousands of other freelancers who have limited experience. There are simply too many "just getting started" freelancers to compete against.

In my opinion, Upwork is not a good place to start with very little experience and hope to gain it. However, you can view the gigs on Upwork, learn what clients want and begin to practice those skills outside of Upwork--create your own samples, learn new skills, develop specialties. Then, use what you have learned to offer clients what they want. 

You are a vendor. If a customer does not like what they see when the arrive at your booth, they will simply move on to the next one. You must learn the art of selling to succeed as a freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members