🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed - Price Contract
Page options
angelinalinac
Community Member

Fixed - Price Contract

Hi all!

I recently accepted a Fixed-price contract and did the job for my client - I submitted my work and he saw it. 

I am now awaiting for him to approve my work. 

When will I get paid and can he simply avoid paying me? He has been ignoring my messages ever since then. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes! That is what I meant! If a client does not approve the milestone, I do the following: absolutely nothing. I don't contact them, I don't message them, I don't ask them to approve the milestone, I do absolutely nothing. Why? Because I know that clients are busy and I'm not the center of their lives. Because I know I will get paid automatically. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
petra_r
Community Member

Angelina C wrote:

When will I get paid and can he simply avoid paying me?

If you have properly submitted the work through the "submit for payment" function on the contract, you get paid when the client approves the milestone or 14 days after you submitted if the client doesn't request any changes.

The client can't "simply avoid paying" you without your agreement or a dispute if the full funds are in escrow.

I have properly submitted my work through the " Submit for payment" function.

Glad to hear that I'll get paid regardless he is not replying back to my messages ever since he said he saw my work. 

Thank you for your reply! 

When I submit for payment, I forget about the job. Some clients approve before 14 days are up, and that's very nice, but many don't, and I don't care. If they have more work, they know where I am. 

Don't keep contacting them, that can get annoying. After a while, if there is no more work, ask them to end the contract so that you get feedback. 

Edit: well I took you for a newbie since it's a typical newbie question, but you have done 52 jobs.... 

If you worked hard and put a lot of effort into it, you'd like to be paid for that. You wouldn't just don't care about it. That's not fair. 

I'm not a newbie in Upwork. But, I am definitely a newbie when it comes to unresponsible clients. I'm not familiar with what happens in such situations. I want to be paid for my time and effort. 

What are you talking about?????

Have you read my post? Apparently not. I said that I don't care if a client approves before 14 days are up. You understand that this means that I always get paid, right???????

"Some clients approve before 14 days are up, and that's very nice, but many don't, and I don't care. If they have more work, they know where I am. "

You said you don't care If a client doesn't approve your work and that you don't care about it. That caught my eye. 

We can both agree to end this convo here. I wish you all the best. 🙂

Yes! That is what I meant! If a client does not approve the milestone, I do the following: absolutely nothing. I don't contact them, I don't message them, I don't ask them to approve the milestone, I do absolutely nothing. Why? Because I know that clients are busy and I'm not the center of their lives. Because I know I will get paid automatically. 

Oh, I see now. You answered my question here " Because I know I will get paid automatically.  " . 

I didn't know Upwork automatically takes the money from them. 

Thank you so much. 🙂

re "I didn't know Upwork automatically takes the money from them. Thank you so much."

And thank Upwork.

It's a great policy.

Client hires freelancer.

Freelancer works hard on task.

Client goes AWOL. Never comes back to Upwork.

Freelancer gets paid any way.

This is much more fair than the alternative:
"Freelancer does work. Sends invoice. Never hears from client again and never gets paid."

I couldn't agree more with you. I am so glad Upwork stands by our side!!!! 

It's really not that much upwork standing by our side, since upwork takes a pretty neutral stance between client and freelancer. They are only the middleman, not more. 

It's more a question of knowing how the platform works and using it correctly every time, ensuring that you always get paid. 

Why do you constantly keep commenting and analyzing my comments? Wanting to increase your activity here, or?

It's really annoying and disrespectful, to be honest. Please, stop. 

Well, you can't get higher than guru, so......... no. 

They should be checking the comment's quality besides the number of comments! 

Angelina C wrote:

They should be checking the comment's quality besides the number of comments! 

The quality of responses is partly a function of the quality of the questions.

When there is a series of questions and pushbacks that seem off-kilter or point-missing in response to some comment of mine, I will seek to clarify further. Not to make points. Not to be "right." Not to have the last word.

I seek to clarify in order to make sure that the person I'm talking to, as well as all other readers on this public forum, have a clear understanding of the issues, and understand what I said, not some funhouse mirror reflection of it.

Okay, this went way too far. It's an Upwork forum, not a casual everyday forum. I'm off! 

Angelina C wrote:

Why do you constantly keep commenting and analyzing my comments? Wanting to increase your activity here, or?

It's really annoying and disrespectful, to be honest. Please, stop. 

If you don't want answers, don't ask.

Of course, I want answers. That's why I asked in the first place.

I just don't see the need of analyzing and commenting my comments. That's ridiculous. 

Angelina C wrote:

If you worked hard and put a lot of effort into it, you'd like to be paid for that. I want to be paid for my time and effort. 

Yes, and as Martina explained, you will be.

So where and what is your problem!?

I didn't know I will be automatically paid for my job regardless he not responding!!!!!!!!

Angelina C wrote:

I didn't know I will be automatically paid for my job regardless he not responding!!!!!!!!

I told you so 11 minutes after you posted. 

And I THANKED you for that! What's the deal with going over that again? I don't get it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members