🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Follow up about Community Private Messages
Page options
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Follow up about Community Private Messages

Hi All

Over the last few weeks, some Community members received private messages that were against our
Community Guidelines and Upwork TOS

You may have read these messages discussed in the forums here and here. We appreciate your reports, as they helped us address this situation quickly. 

What we’re doing:

• We’re working with our Trust & Safety team to not only address the specific accounts that were sending these messages but to set up systems to prevent this in the future. 
  • We’ve also made specific changes to our Community automatic filters, moderation processes, and permissions to create better safeguards against this type of private message in the future.

Unfortunately, bad actors are constantly changing their approach to evade detection in the Community, on Upwork.com, and the Internet in general. We encourage you to check out the Trust & Safety section resources to learn more about Upwork’s most important policies and tips for identifying common red flags. Please, note that any public posts and private messages sent by Upwork staff in the Community would always have the green “UP” logo showing next to the name.

If you see any public posts or receive private messages that violate Community Guidelines or Upwork TOS, please use the available options to flag them.

To flag a private message:

kochubei_valeria_0-1673301917094.png

To flag a public comment:

kochubei_valeria_1-1673302070289.png

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
16 REPLIES 16
Community Member

Thank you for the update. Do you mind adding details on how to flag such messages on either desktop or mobile? As all of the "how do I report..." discussions demonstrate, how to do so is not immediately evident to all members. 

Thanks

5318ea346ce660f6
Community Member

Thanks for Update

EJAZ ULLAH
632ee24a
Community Member

Thanks for the update. I am new here and pay attention and report anything unusual.

73ea289b
Community Member

Thanks for the update

Community Member

oki

38d09165
Community Member

since all of us agreed on the site policy, Its expecyed to adhere on it 

a9e4b2a2
Community Member

Thanks for the update. I am new here and report anything unusual.😊 I know time is so Precious. But If you have 0.30 seconds Just have a Look At My PROFILE  

Please check out these links. There are people who will review and help with things like proposals. Use these links.

sparkesusan
Community Member

Thank you! I've gotten these and just deleted them. 

cd94ce21
Community Member

Thanks for the information

ab835db1
Community Member

Thanks for the update.

3c45043a
Community Member

Thank you for the update. Someone asked my skype or telegram as the first message on private chat without telling about the project. So I reported that message.

preetirana9012
Community Member

Thank you for the information 

04dc09b6
Community Member

Hello, I am new on Upwork, can you please guide me on other things I need to know? I don't know how to apply for a job or how to get connected with other activities. Can we be a team? I need your help. I am Rogee Sweettee, I am an Asylum Seeker in Cyprus. I am a Liberia. 

Please read through this post and read through all the links. You need to start at the beginning. Because you are new, you are a target for the scammers. When you go through the links, there is one that will lead you to all the signs of a scam.

You need to learn everything about Upwork and how the platform works. The most common mistake is going outside Upwork before a contract is in place. If you are serious about freelancing, you have a lot of work to do. Your profile needs changing to offer your skills. You will learn about all of this and more by going through the links to the Academy and other important resources. Before you apply for a single job, read everything I have included, plus all the threads of scams.

Knowledge is the way to stay safe and not be scammed. Please use the information to be safe.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members