🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Freelancer Adv
Page options
muoixd
Community Member

Freelancer Adv

Hi all,

Currently I see a lot freelancer post advertise about themself as a client.

I don't know how Upwork allow such kind of post.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muoi,

We have automatic and manual systems in place to detect postings that violate our Terms of Service and also check every job flagged as inappropriate by our users. Upwork has over 17 million registered users and thousands of projects are posted daily on our platform. As such, despite the many tools we have in place to detect issues, they do still occur from time to time. We remove such posts as soon as we become aware of them and will continue to use our best efforts to keep our marketplace safe. You can check this help article to learn how you can report any suspicious user activity.

Regarding your report, could you please send me a private message with the job post(s) so that I can check and report to the team?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
kam_andru
Community Member

Hi Muoi,

Exactly, It is annoying more nowadays, what we can do is either report them or just avoid and jump to the next job.

muoixd
Community Member

Yes, I did put Flag but I don't see number of post reduction. And you know a lot of profestional guy waiting for Upwork approve profile that unfair at all.

Muoi V wrote:

Yes, I did put Flag but I don't see number of post reduction. And you know a lot of profestional guy waiting for Upwork approve profile that unfair at all.

These people probably were not approved as freelancers either, so that has nothing to do with fairness. Or they in their confusion created a client profile instead of a freelancer profile and mistakely believe that this is how it works. 

I get a lot of invitations from them, even, which puzzled me to no end, but now I think your post inadvertedly enlightened me - those are unapproved freelancers who think they can circumvent the system. 

Hi,

I need help. I introduce my Web company and have registered on upwork as an agency. As my company is new on upwork, I would like to put an advertisment concerning my Web company. Please, help, if you can show me the way to do it.

florydev
Community Member

Muoi V wrote:

Since clients usually don't search jobs I think it is probably fine.  The people who are doing this are so hopeless that really I think all they deserve is our sympathy.

Hi Muoi,

We have automatic and manual systems in place to detect postings that violate our Terms of Service and also check every job flagged as inappropriate by our users. Upwork has over 17 million registered users and thousands of projects are posted daily on our platform. As such, despite the many tools we have in place to detect issues, they do still occur from time to time. We remove such posts as soon as we become aware of them and will continue to use our best efforts to keep our marketplace safe. You can check this help article to learn how you can report any suspicious user activity.

Regarding your report, could you please send me a private message with the job post(s) so that I can check and report to the team?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi all,

Just my sharing to hope market cleaner and profestional.

Encourage member report any concern job post.

@Aleksandar, will send you short note.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members